MKRWAN_v2 and MKRWANFWUpdate_standalone STM FW updater

Not sure where I’m going wrong but in my quest to reduce power consumption on the MKR WAN 1310 I thought it would be a good Idea to migrate over to using the MKRWAN_v2 library.
This is when all the problems started.

I installed the MKRWAN_v2 library and included it in my sketch.
I also used the “MKRWANFWUpdate_standalone” to update the Murata CMWX1ZZABZ-078 module. This changed the device EUI which I updated on the TTN. I am using AU915

The module starts and says: “module version is: 1.3.0.0” (assuming this the module FW version?)
but fails to join the network. It was joining initially but the payload to the TTN was not being transmitted, now it does not want to join at all.
How can I roll back the firmware on the Murata CMWX1ZZABZ-078 module? and should I roll back the version? I’m lost at this point are there ant step by step procedures on how to upload different FW versions to the Murata CMWX1ZZABZ-078 module?
Reverting back to MKRWAN.h the module fails to start.
kind of lost on this one any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE
I found the MKRWANFWUpdate_standalone used for the MKRWAN.h. I re-flashed it and using the older MKRWAN.h library and It now works again. It joins the network and sends payload as it always has, (bit relieved about that)
Not sure what I'm doing wrong with the MKRWAN_v2.h library and the associated MKRWANFWUpdate_standalone updated but it does not work for me...

Hello, any news on this maybe?

I suspect I'm being very, very dim but I have a number MKR1310 boards here that I'm trying to get started with and am totally stuck with the firmware. I've flashed it and I can get a terminal connected which says:

amasidlover@lamech ~ $  .local/bin/pyserial-miniterm 

--- Available ports:
---  1: /dev/ttyACM0         'Arduino MKR WAN 1310'
---  2: /dev/ttyS0           'ttyS0'
--- Enter port index or full name: 1
--- Miniterm on /dev/ttyACM0  9600,8,N,1 ---
--- Quit: Ctrl+] | Menu: Ctrl+T | Help: Ctrl+T followed by Ctrl+H ---
Press a key to start FW update

But no matter what I press, nothing seems to happen (I've waited several minutes).

All of the guides I can find on the MKR WAN 1310 just say something like "Upload the MKRWANFWUpdate_standalone sketch" - they don't say anything about having to connect a terminal etc. so I'm at a loss as to what I'm actually supposed to do...

amasidlover:
I suspect I'm being very, very dim but I have a number MKR1310 boards here that I'm trying to get started with and am totally stuck with the firmware. I've flashed it and I can get a terminal connected which says:

amasidlover@lamech ~ $  .local/bin/pyserial-miniterm 

--- Available ports:
---  1: /dev/ttyACM0         'Arduino MKR WAN 1310'
---  2: /dev/ttyS0           'ttyS0'
--- Enter port index or full name: 1
--- Miniterm on /dev/ttyACM0  9600,8,N,1 ---
--- Quit: Ctrl+] | Menu: Ctrl+T | Help: Ctrl+T followed by Ctrl+H ---
Press a key to start FW update

But no matter what I press, nothing seems to happen (I've waited several minutes).

All of the guides I can find on the MKR WAN 1310 just say something like "Upload the MKRWANFWUpdate_standalone sketch" - they don't say anything about having to connect a terminal etc. so I'm at a loss as to what I'm actually supposed to do...

In the end I commented out the port.flush in the firmware update standalone sketch and the firmware updater then continued and completed succesfully.

I too had issues with the updater program and it was resolved by slowing down the baud rate from 115200 to 57600 within setup as follows;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(115200);

while (!Serial);

struct port_interface port;
  struct port_options port_opts = {
    .baudRate       = 57600,
    .serial_mode    = SERIAL_8E1
  };

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.