Mobile power solution for UNO

I need to set the UNO working at outdoor , which means I can not powered it by AC power adaptor, I try to use the 9V alkaline batteries but the batteries life is only 2H , here is the 9V batteries link, not this one but for reference, I buy it at local place.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-12-NEW-DURACELL-PROCELL-9V-9-VOLT-Alkaline-Batteries-EXP-in-2019-/201457378456?hash=item2ee7cba498:g:tzsAAOxyOeBR0sO7

Again I want to use rechargeable batteries to replace the alkaline batteries , did anybody try this one :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PB-9000-9V-260mA-rechargeable-Li-ion-power-box-power-bank-arduino-UNO-STM32-/321922842816?var=&hash=item76f21d0680

If this one is good , I will try to buy some units , thanks for your comments.

Want_To_Try.png

What else will the UNO be powering? (You must be connecting something to it.)
How much current do any connected devices use?
How long do you want the battery to power your circuit between charges?

It's impossible to answer your question without further information.

If a 9V battery only lasts 2 hours you have quite something connected... So what is it?

And an easy why to have a mobile Arduino, get a USB powerbank :smiley:

MomoWen:
I need to set the UNO working at outdoor , which means I can not powered it by AC power adaptor, I try to use the 9V alkaline batteries but the batteries life is only 2H , here is the 9V batteries link, not this one but for reference, I buy it at local place.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-12-NEW-DURACELL-PROCELL-9V-9-VOLT-Alkaline-Batteries-EXP-in-2019-/201457378456?hash=item2ee7cba498:g:tzsAAOxyOeBR0sO7

Again I want to use rechargeable batteries to replace the alkaline batteries , did anybody try this one :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PB-9000-9V-260mA-rechargeable-Li-ion-power-box-power-bank-arduino-UNO-STM32-/321922842816?var=&hash=item76f21d0680

If this one is good , I will try to buy some units , thanks for your comments.

Research: 4000 mAh LiPo Batteries
They will last about 20 hours +/- ?

If that is not long enough then ...
Get a 12AH 6 Volt Deep Cycle AGM Sealed Lead Acid Battery
That will last about 60 hours +/-

mrsummitville:
Research: 4000 mAh LiPo Batteries
They will last about 20 hours +/- ?

If that is not long enough then ...
Get a 12AH 6 Volt Deep Cycle AGM Sealed Lead Acid Battery
That will last about 60 hours +/-

I like the way you can determine how long the batteries will last without knowing the total load. I've never been able to do that.

OldSteve:
I like the way you can determine how long the batteries will last without knowing the total load. I've never been able to do that.

Read the first message for a clue.

mrsummitville:
Read the first message for a clue.

Fair enough. Sorry. 200mAh to 250mAh. Duh.
I somehow missed that. :frowning:

So, the battery he's considering is a step backwards at 260mAh.
(Assuming a 9V alkaline to have a capacity of about 500mAh.)

I don't think 9V have that much - more like 200-300.
Depends on load current it seems.

Why not using a barebone atmega witb sleep mode? At 8mhz without regulator, 3v3, it will consume little.

CrossRoads:
I don't think 9V have that much - more like 200-300.
Depends on load current it seems.
Discharge tests and capacity measurement of 9 volt transistor radio batteries at high current, 100mA to 500mA engineering data

Yeah, load current is important in working out the true capacity of batteries.

I saw a reference to 500mAh earlier, and didn't look further. (Just guessed at a 200mA drain for two hours, but obviously I was seriously overestimating.)
Generally, these aren't a good choice of battery for an Arduino. I like overkill where batteries are concerned. My triple-servo robot uses about 800mA total, so I chose a 4800mAh battery for heaps of time between charges. I get a few hours.

mart256:
Why not using a barebone atmega witb sleep mode? At 8mhz without regulator, 3v3, it will consume little.

I don't think the Arduino's consumption is the problem if it drains a 9V alkaline battery in 2 hours - it's the attached devices.

I measurement the power consumption is approximate 117mA , I connected a WIFI Module with the UNO R3.

My problem is not the battery capacity, I just want the power box is small enough so I can install all staff in to a plastic box , and the power box have to be rechargeable.

I already get one for test(For free) , thanks for you all ^-^

MomoWen:
My problem is not the battery capacity

Your first post indicated that capacity was the problem:-

I try to use the 9V alkaline batteries but the batteries life is only 2H

OldSteve:
Your first post indicated that capacity was the problem:-

Sorry , it's my fault, I mean I can not accept the discharge time because I need to frequently buy new batteries , this will cost many money , rechargeable power box is the priority choice.

MomoWen:
Sorry , it's my fault, I mean I can not accept the discharge time because I need to frequently buy new batteries , this will cost many money , rechargeable power box is the priority choice.

No problem. But also consider capacity. With your current drain, the battery that you originally linked to would still only give you a couple of hours between recharges.