Mobile Vehicle + Arduino Uno + Xbee

Greetings all,

I need help with my project. I have to implement a mobile vehicle that will scan a field for specified objects autonomously and draw a map for this arena in the end. The map must appear on the laptop, and the arena is 20m x 20m, so wireless communication is my best option.

I thought about using the Xbee module, to communicate between the micro-controller and the laptop. However, I need the communication to be done both ways; i.e.: I want to send signals to the vehicle from the laptop such as start, stop - & - I want to send the coordinates of the object in the field to the laptop.

I do believe it is possible, but how??!

I am not limited to the Xbee module; if there is a better wireless communication, I am ready to give it a shot.

Also, if Xbee is the solution; how to connect the laptop and the Xbee module in the same wireless network without the need of two Xbee modules?!

Waiting for replies, thanks in advance...

Regards,

Xbee allows 2-way comms.

Also, if Xbee is the solution; how to connect the laptop and the Xbee module in the same wireless network without the need of two Xbee modules?!

Using Xbee will require XBee modules. OTOH, a Roving Networks RN-XVee module will plug right into an
XBee socket and uses wifi, so can talk to your PC wifi.

Is there any tutorial that could help me to start the first steps!

Look in the "Networking, Protocols, and Devices" section of the forum, there are many threads
on XBee and XVee/WiFly stuff.

Okay, will do…

Thanks