Modify 61-key MIDI keyboard with 88 keys with sensitivity using arduino, how?

Hello.
I have a keyboard casio ctk-496, which is compatible with midi, let me know if you can modify it to have 88 keys, and if possible with sensitivity, I was researching on some pages and did not find accurate information about the topic, if someone can help me on this issue would be grateful.

I placed an image where the wires go to the key switches are 16 cables, making 5 “octaves” (61 keys), any information just ask.

Thanks…

Carlucci (:

You should be able to use an Arduino to scan the keyboards quickly enough to capture key presses. Unless the keyboard is designed for velocity detection (usually two contacts per key) I don't think you will be able to capture individual velocity signals for each key. You might use some kind of pressure sensor to get velocity values for the entire keyboard.

If you have two 61-key keyboards, why not go for a nose 122 ket keyboard? :)

I dont have two 61-key keyboards, I have only one, but I want to know if it is modifiable if a matrix of 16 terminals can lead to 61 keys, with the same matrix can be modified to get 88 keys?

The sensor I am thinking of using piezo-electric.

*I am not an electronics expert, so I ask for help ..

chaosinprogress: I want to know if it is modifiable if a matrix of 16 terminals can lead to 61 keys, with the same matrix can be modified to get 88 keys?

Oh. I think I understand now.

Generally a keyboard is wired in rows and columns where some of the pins are for rows and some are for columns and the keys connect a row to a column. I think that the 16 pins are likely set up as an 8x8 matrix giving you 64 keys maximum. Any other combination will get you fewer connections. A 7x9 matrix would get you 63 keys. 6x10 would get you 60. 5x11 would be 55 and it gets worse from there.

It is very unlikely that you can expand the keyboard to 88 keys. You would need more wire AND re-programming the internal processor.

I could explain how to create the circuit from the start, please?

I don't think this is possible.

As John says, the keyboard has it's own microprocessor, it is programmed to scan the original 61 keys. So even if you could hack the matrix to add additional keys, the microprocessor in the keyboard would not know they were added and wold not read them.

And start but starting from a circuit Arduino, you can do?