Monitoring Station

Hello all -

I am looking to put together a monitoring station for a project at work. I'll need to monitor Temp/RH and motion (the device will need to act as a cycle counter). I would like to be able to view the data in real time on my computer and would also like to automatically LOG the information on a daily basis so that it can be sent as a final report.

Here's the catch - I'll need about 20-30 of these, and would like the data transmitted to my computer WIRELESSLY. I am unable to use wi-fi for this project, so it will need to use bluetooth or a similar signal. I would like to be able to assign a number (for tracking purposes) to each monitor and change it if needed.

I'm certain I haven't provided enough information to get what I need, so please ask whatever you need to ask to fully understand what I am after.

First off, I will need to know what to purchase. I am not electronically inclined in the very least, so please laugh away at my expense!

Thank you in advance for your time!

cXw

If you are not electronically inclined, how software inclined are you? How many months do you have to devote to this project?

Paul

Hi,

Google NRF24L01 network arduino

The NRF24L01 is a Tx/Rx moudle that can be networked with arduino.

Tom.... :)

TomGeorge:
Hi,

Google NRF24L01 network arduino

The NRF24L01 is a Tx/Rx moudle that can be networked with arduino.

Tom… :slight_smile:

Looks like that would be the way to go. The Utube video of useable distance is very impressive! I notice the video maker was moving on a bicycle, so Doppler doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Paul

I think the best option would be to use one Arduino as a master and connect it to your PC (via USB, preferably, or Bluetooth). Then it could talk to the other Arduinos as slaves using NRF24 wireless.

I have a system a bit like that to control my model trains.

...R

Paul_KD7HB: If you are not electronically inclined, how software inclined are you? How many months do you have to devote to this project?

Paul

It is safe to say that I have very little knowledge in electronics AND software. I have plenty of time on my hands to devote to this project.