monitoring temperature on remote location and showing results on lcd screen

Hi

I`m new here and I have some questions. I have a little experience on duemilanove arduino, so I need help with one project I would like to build.

I would like to build system that will monitor temperature on different places and show values on central unit on touch screen lcd display. This unit will also have looging function in real time and option to show different values depending on option you choose on screen.

Sensors (maybe ds20b18) will be connected to central unit trough 433MHz transmitters, so they are independent and not limited to wires, so I can mount them wherever.

I was looking at Arduino mega ADK because it has option to work with android phones.

Can you give me some ideas on what to be careful, if my idea can be build on arduino system…

All doable.

I'd have a look at the 4D Systems LCD, there just happens to be a thread running about it and a library to supports it

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,73711.0.html

avenue33 has anther thread showing examples of his library.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,60802.0.html

So that would be a good place to start in that regard.

Android might be as well but I know nothing about it.

If you use Xbee transmitters you can connect an analogue temp sensor directly to it, so no need for remote processor.

Rob

How does XBee works?

Do I need Xbee modul and arduino on as central unit and Xbee+sensor on another side? If this is correct, how much Xbee+sensor can I add, to be able to reed from them on one Xbee+arduino ?

How does XBee works?

It's a secret. So closely guarded that the only way you can find out is to go to digi.com and look.

Do I need Xbee modul and arduino on as central unit and Xbee+sensor on another side?

Yes.

If this is correct, how much Xbee+sensor can I add, to be able to reed from them on one Xbee+arduino ?

How many can you afford? If the sensor/XBee units send data at random intervals, you can have problems as soon as you connect a second pair. If the sensor/XBee sends data at scheduled intervals, and the scheduled time is different for each one, you can have many of them. Scheduling the start time is tricky, though, without some smarts on the sensor end. While the XBee is fairly smart, it has its limits.