More Arduino nano connection issues - Windows 10

Hi,

I have an arduino nano board and I use Windows 10.
After some troubles with the drivers I finally was able to upload my sketch on the board alright and it ran smoothly… great !

now, I want to experiment new sketches but for some reasons, I cannot communicate with the board anymore. It is true that I make a lot of use of pins 0 and 1, and I read this could be an issue, but I could not find a solution.

I tried :

• unplugging the board and try the upload with Nothing connected
  • two different computers (both on Win 10)
  • two different USB cables
  • pressing reset before / during the upload
  • different sketches (mine / basic example / empty)
  • update of the drivers

… no results, always the good old avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x31 and the occasional avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device.

It is true now that I had only two COM ports before and for some reason I have somehing like 10 now… ??? but none works.

Does someone have a solution ?

Many thanks in advance

When you press reset does the led blink in a three-flash pattern? Does it do that when you try to upload normally?

Hi,

thanks for your answer !

No, when I press reset, the LED first switches off, then blinks something like 4 times, then pauses then blinks 2 times and then the sketch I uploaded starts again. It uses D13 for sound so the LED blinks rapidly.

When I try to upload, the RX led lights up for a tiny moment and I get my error messages very quickly. When it was a driver problem, I had these "avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x31" messages very slowly.

I could not say if it was doing that when everything was working though, sorry.

do you have an idea of what could possibly be the cause ?

Thanks

SOLVED !

Win10 just made a huge update on my computer. I just had to re install the drivers once again... Thank you Windows ;-))

Hi!

I have same problem, but reinstall was not a solution for me... :frowning:

Wich drivers did you use?

Thanks!