More than one OUT at level HIGH at the same time (exactly the same time!!!)

Hello, i'm new arround not only in the forum as well whit the arduino programming. I used to do something like arduido those but whit paralell pc communication and home made interfaces a long time ago. For that I used and still control very well (!) the Clipper language, in native DOS 6.2.

My question is simple, is it possible to activate (turn High) more than on outport at the same time?
I'm using the app that alows to program Arduino let's say for one only week, lot's of dificulty's in traslating the sintax and structure from Cliper to C but i'm beein some king of luky making thing working.

Today my mind created thing last question, is it possible, to have lets say for example 4 led's in the Out ports and see them all blink at the same time, that will do to proced my project.

Thank for your time in reading this and any reply will be appreciated,

Antonio

is it possible, to have lets say for example 4 led's in the Out ports and see them all blink at the same time, that will do to proced my project.

You can do that without having them all come on at the same time. You will not see the stagger if they come on one at a time at 4uS intervals. If you can perceive this in any way then turn yourself into the authorities because you are not human but an alien.

However if their are valid reasons for turning port pins on at the same time ( LED lighting is never going to be valid ) then if you pick pins that are all on the same port you can do this.
See Arduino - PortManipulation

kkkkkkkkk

I wanted to say that in Clipper I can address a byte simultaneously, which is why I use the parallel port.

Is there a way to do the same on Arduino?

But any way thank for your anwser

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/PortManipulation

I've seen your link, so I'll try, it looks very promising

AntonioCaldeira:
I’ve seen your link, so I’ll try, it looks very promising

Very promising??? It explains exactly how to do exactly what you asked. It’s just the page from the reference you needed. Not some guess.

AntonioCaldeira:
I’ve seen your link, so I’ll try, it looks very promising

Note this is exactly the same link I posted.

I wanted to say that in Clipper I can address a byte simultaneously

Simultaneously with what? Or do you mean you can write all the bits at the same time, which is what I showed you how to do.

But any way thank for your anwser

But anyway thanks for not reading it.

AntonioCaldeira:
I wanted to say that in Clipper I can address a byte simultaneously, which is why I use the parallel port.

Is there a way to do the same on Arduino?

There is no need for a parallel port to have all bits being set at the same time. There is just the specification that at the clock pulse all bits must be in the correct state. So you can set them one by one, when all is good the clock pulse, give some time (see specs) to have the client read all those bits (at the same time, or one by one - as long as it happens within the specified time), before you can start setting the next set of data on your outputs. Just make sure it's done by the time the next clock pulse is due.

That's how those protocols work.

More primitive ones like the UART serial use timing instead of a separate clock pulse. Same principle.