MOSFETS AND DIODES

Hi, I am making a Arduino bluetooth drone i need help to drive coreless motors 1 way is using motor driver but that would make it very heavy and at the other hand the way is using mosfets with diodes and few resistors i am not sure which components shall I use so please suggest me any of them which is readily available as most of the items I found that could be used are discontinued.
Thanks.

NEEDED TO SCREAM?

But what motors? Because making a proper driver (depending on the size/type of motor) isn't easy.

For a drone, you need to use brushless DC Motors and you can easily find small drivers for them, you need to study its basics. You can get the complete set online like chassis, DC Motors, drivers, Lipo Battery etc.

jackthom41:
For a drone, you need to use brushless DC Motors and you can easily find small drivers for them, you need to study its basics. You can get the complete set online like chassis, DC Motors, drivers, Lipo Battery etc.

Ultra low impedance RC brushless motors, or slotless/coreless as here.

Slotless/coreless DC motors run extremely fast (60,000rpm or so), which is how they get the power-to-weight
ratio. This limits them to small props for microdrones typically, which means all the electronics needs
to be ultra-lightweight, so SMT MOSFETs are the way to drive them.

Typical coreless motors are 3.7V 2A or so and the size/weight of a small peanut. You can get SMT dual
MOSFETs in SOIC package, two of which would serve 4 motors.

Searching via a electronics supplier's website is the way to locate devices. digikey, farnell, mouser, and others are available.

Chetan_:
Hi, I am making a Arduino bluetooth drone i need help to drive coreless motors 1 way is using motor driver but that would make it very heavy and at the other hand the way is using mosfets with diodes and few resistors i am not sure which components shall I use so please suggest me any of them which is readily available as most of the items I found that could be used are discontinued.
Thanks.

I notice there's no specification of the motor (speed, current, voltage) or the power supply (current, voltage, chemistry) or the performance characteristics (weight, volume, frequency). So we really can't help you any more than Google can.

How big is "very heavy" for you? What have you found which meets your other performance requirements?

Unless you are an engineer working in the industry already, you could not possibly build a device lighter or smaller than commercially-available ones.

Its essential to calculate a mass-budget for electric rotorcraft - the lift margins are slim if you
have too much mass for the power source it will never fly. Guesswork is not good enough.

Using coreless motor they are very light weight and each is giving a thrust of about 33-34 grams.

"How do you fly a helicopter?"

"Yeah, it uses fuel and it's very light weight. It produces around 700hp."

See the similarity? :wink: