I've been looking for options to complement arduino code and triggers with 'on demand' controls and status displays. I came across a plethora of options including
Azure iot central
MIT app inventor
I started looking in to Blynk but I didn't like how intrusive it is with how it changes the code.
Obviously, any option would require embedding some code to enable communication through wifi (trying to use Uno with esp8266) but I dont know to what extent. So, what I'm hoping for are some recommendation for tools that:
- Have the least impact on the code
- Are simplest to use and incorporate
- Push notifications and send SMS
- Offer User and access management: Allow different family members to view/control a specific set of devices but allows me to manage all in one place.
- Are established: Not a tool that might disappear in a year and would force me to update my boards.
I'm starting to look in to Azure just to learn more about that platfrom out of interest, but I'm ot sure if it is the best option.
Any recommendations to help me narrow down my options? I would like to pick one and stick with it since I'm allergic to updating things if I dont have to.