motion control telephone lift

I am new to programming. I need to move two panels in sequence. They will be driven by DC powered motors on rack gears. I have everything built and now need to move it.
Please view the attachment showing the workings and basic parts.
Any help would be much appreciated

The sequence of movements:

sequence:

1- Phone rings or up button pushed
2- upper cover panel slides to open position and stops (proximity sensor)
3- lower table moves to upper position and stops (Proximity sensor)
Panels will stay in thse positions unless option 4 is pushed. This will put the unit back in waiting for sequence 1.

4- optional: down button pushed
reversing sequence to down position

What kind of phone? Cell phone, POTS(plain old telephone system), other?

What keeps the panels in open or closed position?

You seem to need to control two motors and their direction of rotation. Seems pretty easy, but if they need to hold in position, that is another whole discussion.

Paul

Hi Paul
I am using worm geared dc motors which do no back drive.
The phone is a stardard office type.
Thanks

Duno:
Hi Paul
I am using worm geared dc motors which do no back drive.
The phone is a stardard office type.
Thanks

You are probably ok on the motors, but if your phone is like the ones in my plant, the ringer is all electronic and no way to detect that, except by a microphone taped to the set.

Paul

Paul, fortunately the phone man around here said he had worked that out before. There is typical multiwire connectors. So at this point i am going to assume he can help. I need to get the specs on the output soon from him I know to program and wire in.
Thanks

Duno:
Paul, fortunately the phone man around here said he had worked that out before. There is typical multiwire connectors. So at this point i am going to assume he can help. I need to get the specs on the output soon from him I know to program and wire in.
Thanks

On my business phones, they ALL ring at the same time, so anyone can pick up. Are yours that way, or can you have an individual phone ring?

Paul

Individual

Standard rack and pinion stock is expensive - I'd suggest using toothed belt as a likely cheaper option (and
quieter).

Unless you can find some cheap plastic rack/pinion.

The mechanism has been built and have run the motors to move the panels. Everything works well. I just need to control it and power the motors properly.
I see some use the SyRen drivers controlled by the Arduino
Thanks

Hi,
What are the specs on the motors?
Do you have motor driver units for them?
What are your proxy switches?
How are you going to power the motors?

You first need to write code just to read the inputs connected to the Arduino.
Get that working.
Then write code just to get the motors running.

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Hi Tom and thanks or helping.
I have a Cytron MDD10A dual motor driver that will power the 2 fractional HP gearmotors.
I have reflective optical proximity sensors that are set up for normally off.
Most everything is in place I need some code to continue and start testing and tweaking.
Yhanks
David

Hi,
Thanks for the information.
Attached is the manual, if you look at the last page it has a link to a tutorial on connecting the motor controller to an Arduino including some sample code.

Hope it helps… Tom… :slight_smile:

MDD10A User’s Manual.pdf (859 KB)

Thanks