motion-sensor-activated camera

I want to prototype a motion-activated camera with Bluetooth connectivity to understand what the system’s minimum power requirements could be and what battery capacity would require to operate for X hours.

The system should take a photo when the motion sensor is triggered and the photo should be sent to the Bluetooth connected device (e.g. a phone).

Is this the kind of prototyping / experimentation you would do with Arduino?

If the prototype is successful, I would like to design/build an embedded system version.

Thanks for the help!

This does not initially seem like a project suited to an Arduino.

Power consumption testing comes after you have selected a processor, put it on a PCB and written code for it.

Is this the kind of prototyping / experimentation you would do with Arduino?

Never in a million years.

MorganS:
This does not initially seem like a project suited to an Arduino.

Power consumption testing comes after you have selected a processor, put it on a PCB and written code for it.

Thank you for the lightning fast response :slight_smile: Could you point me in the right direction? Where is a good place to start from a prototyping stand point?

Rasp pi ?

Yes the Raspberry Pi can fit the technical part. The big problem comes with the battery operated bit. The Pi can take as much as 300mA when it is on standby.

Maybe a Pi Zero with an Arduino doing the wake up and self shutdown via a power controlled board might work, given it is only once an hour.

Search for "esp32 camera" on your favorite shopping website. There are a lot of ESP32 with camera boards. Some include SD card slot. The board I am looking at includes 4MB of external PSRAM.