motion sensor camera

hi i have little knowledge in electronics but i have an arduino uno, reed switch, ip camera and a pir sensor and i need to build a system that detects motion and takes a picture then send an email of the picture but i dont know where to start. please help

You can not do that with an Arduino UNO there is not enough memory or processing power to handle any sort of picture. Use a Raspberry Pi

All those things are most likely already inside an IP camera. It was at least in the $60 camera I installed recently. You just have to set up movement detection, email and FTP in the camera software. You will need an FTP site to upload your pictures to (unless the camera has an inbuild SD card). Some modems have a USB socket for a flash drive and inbuild FTP, so you can upload snapshots to your own modem. Or to someone else's modem. Or to a NAS. Or anywhere else on the planet. Leo..

Grumpy_Mike: You can not do that with an Arduino UNO there is not enough memory or processing power to handle any sort of picture. Use a Raspberry Pi

Agreed. Try running Motion on a Raspberry Pi with its HD camera.

Russell