Motor control setup

Hi Guys

I am new using Arduino, and also electronics, and I am not an expert, that is why I am doing this post.

here is the thing.

I need to control a motor to dispense a label each time that a scan is made, automatically, at this moment those labels are pulled manually like toilet paper, and I need to control those dispenses

I bought an Arduino Uno, I have this 12V motor of the dispenser, and I need to generate something like a .exe of something similar in order to run it from a C# application.

I attached 2 pics about what I need to attach, I have on my disposal Visual Basic or the Arduino 1.6.12 software.

I do not know much arduino coding nor electrical stuff like I mentioned.

what I was thinking is a way to control it using the relay installed on the dispenser board, but if someone here recommend me to buy a protoboard, fuses, relays, etc. dont hesitate to ask.

Hope you can help me guys.

That question seems familiar - did you ask it before under a different name?

...R

Images from Original Post so we don’t have to download them. See this Image Guide

48048700319d5cfc84a5b7a1585cd2d308c7ac33.jpg

5d9dbddfc1ef8b6ea3ddae19936106c0b82af67f.jpg

…R

I need to control a motor to dispense a label each time that a scan is made, automatically, at this moment those labels are pulled manually like toilet paper, and I need to control those dispenses

Do you mean a barcode scan?
Is the scan being done with your PC?

I bought an Arduino Uno, I have this 12V motor of the dispenser,

Is the motor a standard part of the dispenser or is it something you have added?

If it is part of the original machine you will need the documentation that describes how it should be controlled. It would be a big help if you can post a link to the documentation.

and I need to generate something like a .exe of something similar in order to run it from a C# application.

I assume you will need to create a PC program (with your preferred programming language) that sends a message to the Arduino whenever a label is required. Then you will also need an Arduino program to receive that message and send the appropriate signals to the label dispenser.

The examples in Serial Input Basics should help with the communication between the PC and the Arduino.

...R

Hi Robin2

I manage to increase the Voltage of the motor, by using an external power source, diodes, transistors and a protoboard, and a simple arduino config of loop to control the engine.

but now I cant figure out how I will control it from the computer.

so you are saying I need a programming on the arduino to receive PC orders.

I will read the post that you mentioned, and see if I can sort this out.

Thanks!

@AlonsoRD, it helps if you respond quickly to comments before we forget what your project is about :slight_smile:

so you are saying I need a programming on the arduino to receive PC orders

I believe that is what I had in mind.

...R