Motor derection

how could I remotely change the direction of a servo using a radio transmitter? What code would I use?

depends on the hardware details please

If I(theoretically) had a bread board, a radio transmitter, a radio receiver, breadboard wire, a mac, an arduino board, several 5 100 ohm resistors, and a servo motor. I am trying to make a mini elevator for my robot. I actually don't know what I need, to make the elevator. Can you tell me how to make a remote control servo motor?

I am trying to make a mini elevator

Or a mini aileron/rudder?

Please, give us some idea of scale/pupose.

I think he means a mini Lift... small box that goes up and down between floors...

And how heavy is this robot, and how fast must it move, over what range?

(This really is (theoretically) sometimes like pulling teeth)

If I(theoretically) had a bread board, a radio transmitter, a radio receiver, breadboard

What transmitter and receiver are you using? Theoretically you don’t need any code at all. If you use the right hardware, it should all just work.

But this isn’t theory. WHAT are you using? You seem to be generalizing a bunch of steps towards an end-goal.

Funky Driver is right. About the size of a shoe box. I Plan to wind up strings that are attached to the elevator. like this: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=d238c3f791&view=att&th=12a6dd7115e473ed&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gctof1xu0&zw

P.S. I animated that myself!

I say "Theoretically" because i don't have anything that i need yet. I'm just trying to make an elevator for this robot:http://www.makershed.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MKOMT1&Click=19209

I animated this myself

file:///Users/Scott/Desktop/screen-capture-5.png

this link will work.

how could I remotely change the direction of a servo using a radio transmitter? What code would I use?

A typical R/C tx/rx setup with a continous rotation servo will do this. As to code..., finger foward, finger back.

I am very new to this stuff(as in barely finished the first book new) So could you please give me something more specific that finger forward, finger back.

By the way, neither of those pictures work. One of those you would have to be logged in to YOUR gmail account to see, the other is the file path on your computer >.<…

something more specific that finger forward, finger back.

It’s really not complicated…Wire up some buttons. Have the code read the buttons. If up is pressed, have it move the servo one direction. If don’t is pressed, move it the other.

... for this robot:http://www.makershed.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MKOMT1&Click=19209

What the heck?! No code writing? No soldering? No... input sensors?!

Where's the fun in this? Do you guys have any idea how many months I spent near tears writing Stamp Basic code (that didn't work) and soldering (burning up 555 and 4017 ICs that weren't in sockets because those cost an extra 35 cents!) as a kid.

To make your elevator: Go to Wal*Mart and by the cheapest RC thing you can find. Leave the controller alone and rip apart the car/plane/whatever it is. Take one of the motors that rotates 360 and put a large spool/wheel on it. Attach one end of your string to the spool and the other end to the shoebox. If you want your robot to go up, push the joystick forward. If you want your robot to go down, pull the joystick backward. That's what he means, "If up is pressed, have it move the servo one direction. If down is pressed, move it the other [direction]."