MOTOR HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need a motor shield or IC for arduino that will work with a motor with these specs

Typical operating voltage: 3 V Gear ratio options: 12.7:1, 38:1, 115:1, and 344:1 Free-run motor shaft speed @ 3V: 12300 rpm1 Free-run current @ 3V: 150 mA2 Stall current @ 3V: 2100 mA Motor shaft stall torque @ 3V: 0.5 oz·in3

--------> it would also be great if the motor controller can work with external power, and control the motor in dual directions. ALSO im looking to pay someone who is good with coding arduino to help me a little with my coding, PM me if you are interested

I MAY be able to scratch build something as long as it is REALLY easy BUT a shield is truely perferable,

-----> the motors CAN NOT be controled from pin 7 because that has a PING on it

I think you need to read:- http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Workshop/Motors_1.html

I dont want speed control i DO need directional control though, i will be using a 9V and if i need 5 Volts i will use a LM7805 voltage regulator to turn the 9v into 5, i would GREATLY apriecate if and IC or shield is used though as my robot has very limited space

If all you need is directional control, try a DPDT relay.

could you elaborate a bit on this, like what kind of DPDT because i am a n00b at this

One with a contact rating sufficient for the motor current.

how do i find the correct one though, if you could just tell me the one i should get that would be greatly appreciated, the specs of the motor are above, also wouldnt an IC for a motor be even better ?

Well, I don't know where you are, so the one I would suggest may not be available where you are. What sort of IC did you have in mind? The advantage of a relay is FET-like on resistance, without the ESD handling difficulties.

i dont know what fet or esd even mean, could you explain, as for the IC i have in mind, is a simple all in one IC for controlling the motor with the specs above

Maybe it would just save us all time if you told us what IC you have in mind, if you don't think a relay would do the job.

as for the IC i have in mind, is a simple all in one IC for controlling the motor

Is this IC real or is it just what you wish existed? That link I gave you has ICs on it for controlling the direction, they are known collectively as H-bridges.

i have no idea what IC to use, thats why i made this post, like i said i am a n00b, i think that what i want is an IC that has an input for an external battery, an input for controlling 2 motors with the specs i stated in my first post on this topic, the IC will also need to have directional control because i want my robot to back up and turn when it gets close to a wall.

So have you read the web page:- http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Workshop/Motors_2.html That tells you about these sorts of ICs.

i will be using a 9V

Can we get this one out of the way please?

The average 9V (PPs) battery is simply a collection of six (count them) itty-bitty 1.5V batteries.

You know how big a PP9 battery is, so imagine it chopped into six pieces, and now imagine how tiny each of those 1.5V batteries is compared to, say, an AA battery.

Now, ask yourself, is it really a good idea powering my project with a collection of such tiny batteries?

it would also be great if the motor controller can work with external power, and control the motor in dual directions. ALSO im looking to pay someone who is good with coding arduino to help me a little with my coding, PM me if you are interested

You might consider using continous rotation dervos for your motors, as they can meet most of your requirements.