Motor Servo AC

Hi, I have project to controll Servo 24VAC using arduino.
so Im confused to connect pin Driver motor(Delta) and arduino(arduino duemilanove).
my first trial I only connect Driver Motor, Motor Servo and Arduino. I read datasheet if there are many signal terminals and there is explanation too.
here is the confusion I appear when to start connect the terminals on the board arduino.

a long time i consultation to my friend about my problem, and He gave me suggestion to use L298N.
then there are out1, out2, out3, out4, as far as i know if want to make a motor dc run have to use 2 outs (out1, out2). when i try, it work.
but when i wanna connect to servo, nothing happen :frowning:
Cause i random to choose terminal ( only one terminal i used, there is pin 41 for pulse input and i connect to out1)

so what should i do to solve this problem?

First please post links to datasheets of the servo/motor and driver that you are using. Then post your code.

Thanks - Steve

This is link datasheet of Servo Motor http://www.delta.com.tw/product/em/motion/motion_servo/download/manual/DELTA_ASDA-B2_M_EN_20130906.pdf

help me plis yaa :frowning:

Servo_24VAC.ino (839 Bytes)

The L298N is a dual "H-bridge" for driving small DC motors, what you have is an industrial type AC servo motor, you need a driver like those shown in your link.

my boss told me that i have to use it.
do you know component if i change L298N, because driver motor didn't work if just connect to arduino. im really confused :frowning:

You did not say which Delta servo motor (part number) you have, the link that you posted (Delta manual), will show you which drive will match your motor, you might find a lower priced 3rd party drive on E-Bay or Alibaba, but you need to know the exact specifications for your motor.

Hi,
I don’t know what you expect fro the servo, but they are designed for precision speed and position applications.
I am aware your motor is 24V but the same principles apply in this excerpt from the manual, it shows how complex a servo drive controller can be.

servodrivediagram.jpg

You need to be able to interpret the encoder signal to read speed and execute a PID process to control that speed to the reference that is set.
Acceleration and deceleration are also controlled and if necessary a regen brake resistor and associated circuitry has to be considered.
Actually performing the switching of the IGBT bridge is a process all on its own along with handling a variable AC voltage through an inductive load.

That is the reason the power servos have dedicated controllers to control speed, applied voltage and current levels.

What is the model of your servo and what is the application?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile: