motor/stepper for suntracker - and other hardware

I want to make a suntracker with maybe just to power a arduino+xbee.

I have a 12V / 80mA panel but feel free to suggest me better ones.
Maybe some 6V panels with low dropout regulator and nicd accus?

But what bugs me more is the motor and how to drive it.

I need small speeds and to rotate maybe max 100g load. No biggie there too.

So the question is what do i need to rotate the board? What sort of motor/servo would be most simple? There are lots of 6V servos but arduino is 5V and arduino FIO(which i have) is 3.3V. Doesnt help me!

Will use LDR values to control it.

Pretty much all RC servos will run from 4.8V or lower to 7.2V - they just go faster with a higher supply.

Any question involving choosing a motor will involve determining the wanted speed and torque among other things. A 100g load isn't a torque, its a mass, so without some geometrical information it would be total guesswork. 100g on the end of a 20cm lever would be a lot of torque, 100g mounted on a precision bearing about its centre of mass would need the tiniest of torques...

About speed, well sun isn't moving too fast. So speed is not a question. And by 100g i mean that the mass will be on top of the motor and motor is vertically so there wont be any range. It will be like a carousel thingy :P just dont know yet what to use as a base for it

About speed, well sun isn't moving too fast. So speed is not a question. And by 100g i mean that the mass will be on top of the motor and motor is vertically so there wont be any range. It will be like a carousel thingy :P just dont know yet what to use as a base for it