Motors Causing the Arduiro to Reset

I have an Arduino Pro Mini that is program to be counter, with a reset switch. I the same space there is two Rhino 130s motors in a alumina cage running off of 11.7 volts in it own closed system. Each the Arduino counter and the motors runs perfectly on there own, but if the motors are running and close to the counter, it will reset the counter at random intervals.

Is there any thing I can do to prevent the reset?

I cannot find much about the motors, but …
Connect both motor terminals to ground (common terminal ) using .01 or .1 uF non polarized capacitor (cap) rated to at least 100 Volts or higher. Higher voltage is safer.
It may also work by connecting a single cap between the motor terminals, and I mean motor terminals ,not across supply terminals. The idea is to short the RF to ground at the source - motor.

These are RF ( radio frequency) bypass capacitors and they send all the high frequency junk generated by motor safely (AC) to the ground.
Jim

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

How have you got your Arduino wired, especially you RESET switch, do you have pull_up or pull_down resistors?
How long are the wires from the switch to the Arduino?
Do you have bypass caps on the supply lines and the switch wiires?
What are you counting and how/what are you using as a sensor/switch?

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
Including how you are powering the Arduino?

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Sorry for all the questions, but not knowing your project and so many small things that can be left out in a project, we need to ask.

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile: