Motors driving software??

Is there exist any standalone software, that can control speed, steps and direction? Using stepper and servo libraries, I'm able to control all three factors, but I'm needing a standalone execution. I know little Visual Basic, and can make a form to enter these three properties, but now I donno how to let this application talk to arduino IDE.

Please help me. Thank You.

but I'm needing a standalone execution.

Please clarify this. Once the program is compiled and uploaded to the Arduino, there is no need for the Arduino to stay connected to the PC. That is my definition of standalone.

I know little Visual Basic, and can make a form to enter these three properties, but now I donno how to let this application talk to arduino IDE.

If the Arduino is tethered to the computer, it is not standalone.

Visual Basic can talk to the serial port. http://www.acraigie.com/programming/firmatavb/default.html

Here standalone referring to an application, through which i can give inputs, rather than putting values in arduino's own sketch. I may be needing different different values to test motors. Anyways thanks for your reply.

The source of the data, for speed, direction, and number of steps may be different, but that does not mean that you can't use the same libraries.

You'll need an application that can send these values. VB can be used to build such an application. You'll need to make the Arduino read the values from the serial port, instead of hard-coding them.

Hey, You r Paul S, I was wishing to talk to u for several day, after joining this forum. I'll be uploading a video on youtube, that will show my project in 3d. After I'd like to have your help on making that possible. Initially, a brief intro is to control several motors, either standalone(yours one), or application controlled.

You'll need an application that can send these values. VB can be used to build such an application. You'll need to make the Arduino read the values from the serial port, instead of hard-coding them.

Well thats am talking about, but am not good at serial. Is there any other to do that??, I have found Mach3 software, but couldn't find myself able to connect my steppers to it(am using three steppers driven by Uln2004).

see ya. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Well thats am talking about, but am not good at serial.

It’s not that difficult. Think of sending serial data like typing. Characters are typed far slower than they can be read.

Similarly, everything that we read uses delimiters to make parsing easier. Words are separated by spaces. Sentences are separated by periods. Paragraphs are separated by new lines.

When sending data, make it easy for the receiver to parse the data. If you send something like “<200, F, 50>”, this code can read the data, and do something with it only when the entire packet is received:

#define SOP '<'
#define EOP '>'

bool started = false;
bool ended = false;

char inData[80];
byte index;

void setup()
{
   Serial.begin(57600);
   // Other stuff...
}

void loop()
{
  // Read all serial data available, as fast as possible
  while(Serial.available() > 0)
  {
    char inChar = Serial.read();
    if(inChar == SOP)
    {
       index = 0;
       inData[index] = '\0';
       started = true;
       ended = false;
    }
    else if(inChar == EOP)
    {
       ended = true;
       break;
    }
    else
    {
      if(index < 79)
      {
        inData[index] = inChar;
        index++;
        inData[index] = '\0';
      }
    }
  }

// We are here either because all pending serial
  // data has been read OR because an end of
  // packet marker arrived. Which is it?
  if(started && ended)
  {
    // The end of packet marker arrived. Process the packet

// Reset for the next packet
    started = false;
    ended = false;
    index = 0;
    inData[index] = '\0';
  }
}

Processing the packet then involves using strtok() to extract the tokens (“200”, “F”, and “50”) and the use of atoi() or atof() to convert the numeric tokens to integers or floats.

PM me if you want.