Mounting an SD Card as a Mass Storage device

I'm using an Arduino Uno along with the MicroSD Card Adapter, and would like to use an SD card as a storage device whilst the micro-controller reads/writes to it, and operates normally (the SD card is usable as mass storage whilst the micro-controller still makes an LED blink, for example)

I have some experience with programming, but I'm no expert, so laymen terminology would be appreciated!

EDIT: For clarification, I want the PC to see the SD Card as a USB Storage medium through the Arduino

so lamen terminology would be appreciated!

I presume that that was supposed to be "laymen"...

What do you need help with? An SD card is designed to be used just exactly as you describe.

PaulS:
I presume that that was supposed to be "laymen"...

What do you need help with? An SD card is designed to be used just exactly as you describe.

I think the OP wants the SD card to be mounted by PC, and have the Arduino also Access it concurrently?

Or, maybe he want PC -> Arduino -> SDcard. With the PC seeing the SDcard as a USB thumb drive? And the Arduino Acting as a data filter?

I'm as confused as you are.

Chuck.

chucktodd:
I think the OP wants the SD card to be mounted by PC, and have the Arduino also Access it concurrently?

Or, maybe he want PC -> Arduino -> SDcard. With the PC seeing the SDcard as a USB thumb drive? And the Arduino Acting as a data filter?

I'm as confused as you are.

Chuck.

The second one, PC seeing the SD card as a USB thumb drive. I'll update the OP

Where’s the emoticon icon for the Holy Grail? There doesn’t seem to be one here.

I was thinking of attempting to do this with a Teensy 3.6, since it has the SD card slot onboard. I expect that this could take more than a month, if it is possible at all.

On an UNO? I won’t say it’s impossible but from what I know it doesn’t seem likely. You would not be able to use it as an UNO after that - it would require ISP programmers.

MorganS:
On an UNO? I won't say it's impossible but from what I know it doesn't seem likely. You would not be able to use it as an UNO after that - it would require ISP programmers.

Sounds like there's potentially a lot of coding for me to do to to make these systems compatible. Tbh, I reckon I'll just swap to a board that can actually handle this. Thank you for your response