Mounting Arduino Ethernet Shield

Hello all,

Complete noob here, just got all my Arduino goodies today. I have an Arduino Mega 2560 and a Arduino Ethernet Shield, but I don't know how to mount the Ethernet Shield onto the Arduino Mega. The Ethernet Shield has no pins sticking out the bottom like other shields do.. Heres an image for reference:

Thanks, James

That appears to be the Arduino Ethernet (sort of like an Uno and Ethernet Shield combined) and not just the shield...

plusminus_: That appears to be the Arduino Ethernet (sort of like an Uno and Ethernet Shield combined) and not just the shield...

Oh.. How do I download to it then?

Yeah. You have the Ethernet model. You don't need the shield in this case then, you're all set. :)

To upload your sketches to it, you need to check the "Arduino Ethernet" model in your IDE's board menu. Same thing with your Mega, if it helps any.

Once you've done that, though, upload away!

Just be careful with it, though, as the ATMega on the Ethernet board is SMD, and not easily removable, if at all. So if you break it, you'll need a new board.

[quote author=Jaymes Keller link=topic=104456.msg783736#msg783736 date=1336226280] You don't need the shield in this case then, you're all set. :)[/quote]

Well, not quite. The "Arduino Ethernet" does not have an on-board USB to Serial chip. So a FTDI cable (or something similar) will be necessary to program it.

exextatic: I have an Arduino Mega 2560 and a Arduino Ethernet Shield

If the intent was to use Ethernet with the mega, I would suggest returning the Arduino Ethernet and get the Ethernet shield instead.