Moving from NAno To more Memory and data logging

Hello!

I am using a Nano right now for a air pressure meter and some weather readings. I want to move away from the Nano because I am just about out of memory with all of my code.

I need advice on what processor board to move to that I will have more onboard memory and a sd card slot for data logging.

Thanks,
Kevin

It’s all here:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/products.compare

I don't see that it lists any sd card option

KevinRoach:
Hello!

I am using a Nano right now for a air pressure meter and some weather readings. I want to move away from the Nano because I am just about out of memory with all of my code.

I need advice on what processor board to move to that I will have more onboard memory and a sd card slot for data logging.

Thanks,
Kevin

you can get an ESP-8266 and an LCD display with SD card
only 1 analog input by the way.
or, clean up your code ?? some times, that helps a lot.
device selection would be based on your needs.
the ESP32 has a lot of analog, but you need to change your code to use them
the STM32 has more memory, but you might need to change your code
the Teensy family might work....

I want to be able to put in data like naming etc for the dat that will be accumulated. So this is all new to me with having user input and data logging.

Yeah my code on the nano is tight. It gives me many different weather readings and air pressure reading in mmhg. The part about the code that takes the most memory is the U8G fonts for the text display. I should take and break that down instead of a library of fonts to just the couple of fonts I need. Would probably save enough. I was planning on using a Nextion display for doing the complete change to logging but I think the Nextion uses the sd card just for the display. Correct me if I'm wrong. If the Nextion can use the sd card for data logging I might be able to stay with the nano.

Any Suggestions?
Kevin

Just get a Mega and be done with it. If the small form of the Nano is important there is a Mega of similar ilk. I think it's called Pro Mega. One datalogging project is much the same as another and, with Nano/Uno etc.,you are likely to run out of memory before you run out of pins, hence Mega is the usual solution. Expecting an SD slot is probably too much, but a lot of the larger displays have a slot on the back. I know nothing about Nextion, but I bet your comment about the SD card is incorrect. A slot is also pretty standard on an Ethernet shield, and there are proto shields that come with a slot included.

Lots and lots memory, speed and an sd card slot on the board.

https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy35.html