MPX2010DP Sensor

Hi, I'm trying to create a pitot tube ie (calculate dynamic pressure) using the MPX2010 differential pressure sensor and an arduino uno.

When i set up one sensor i hope to create a scrip to average four individual sensors.

Any help with code and general configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Have you looked at the datasheet?
It says full scale output is 25 mv. You might need an amplifier.

What resolution and accuracy do you require?

These MPX2010 sensors need a typical excitation voltage of 10volt, and have a span of 25mV@10volt.
Not easy to use with an Arduino (or other MCU).
They are typically interfaced with special excitation/instrumentation chips like the INA125.
Much easier to buy new 5volt supply sensors with integrated instrumentation amp (MPX5010?).
Leo..

Sounds great. Try looking at the XPC5700 Series, they have a good voltage swing which can easily be compensated for with a simple subtraction of the offset and a map() instruction. see:NXP® Semiconductors Official Site | Home
That will give you an idea of what is available. I have used them several times and have applications that have been operating over 10 years and still in calibration.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

I think OP is looking for a differential low pressure 0-10kPa sensor for the pitot tube, not a 700kPa one.
Not sure if there is a 0-10kPa sensor in the 7xxx range.
Choosing the right MPX sensor seems to be difficult.
Plenty of individual .pdf documents out there,
but no table that I know off to help you select the right family (first digit) or span (last three digits).
Leo…

Thanks Guys, I will look into the above suggestion. Sorry bout the slow delays too, joys of a college student :frowning:

To use a pressure sensor with an Arduino board, it is best to buy one with integrated amplifier. Some Arduino boards have differential inputs with a gain. Those boards can be used, but it is hard to set the input correctly for that.

To use it with the Arduino Uno, you need:

• differential pressure sensor of 10kPa
  • 5V sensor, because the Arduino Uno is a 5V board.
  • ratiometric
  • integrated amplifier
  • temperature compensated

That is indeed the MPX5010DP that Wawa already mentioned. It costs about 10 dollars.

-2 to +2 kPa MPXV7002.
Leo..

Why did I say try looking at the XPC5700 Series, they have a good voltage swing which can easily be compensated for with a simple subtraction of the offset and a map() instruction. Note the word series not one item. There are a lot of sensors available from that source in a lot of configurations. I gave this answer because the question was ambiguous as to how the mechanics are configured and as to what the pressures encountered will be. When checking this link: NXP® Semiconductors Official Site | Home you will find links to all different types of sensors and a lot of suggestions as to aplications.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

gilshultz:
Why did I say try looking at the XPC5700 Series…

XPC5700 is a carpet cleaner according to Google.

The first digit after ‘MPX’ seems to be the series, and I couldn’t find a <=10kPa sensor in the 5- or 7-series (MPX5700 = 700kPa). Sorry for not finding that complete pitot package with a 7-series differential sensor earlier.
Leo…