MSP (MultiWii Serial Protocol) workflow issue

Hi, I want to receive telemetry data from my flight controller Matek F405-CTR and send control commands to it via serial port using MSP.

I found pyMultiWii lib but seems it does not work correctly.

This is a result of show-attitude.py demo script execution:

After some testing I found that sendCMD() function doesn't work, an error occurs on 105 line in init.py:

"ord() expected string of length 1, but int found"

That's why getData() function doesn't work too in my case. It returns just pre-defined zero parameters because everything after line of code with checksum in sendCMD() function doesn't work. So that, there are only zeros in the output...

I've also checked serial ports, everything is fine with it.
Also flight controller works well with the inav configurator, it defines well and I can see and set parameters.

The only problem for now is that I can't implement communication between flight controller and my PC via serial port in some of programming languages.

Has anyone already worked with pyMultiWii library or MSP generally?
Is there any alternative way (or simple and reliable one example) to implement MSP communication for my flight controller?
Any advice will be appreciated!

There's something missing in your post, presumably where the big blank space is. Try again? Also, a wiring/hookup diagram would be useful.

DKWatson:
There's something missing in your post, presumably where the big blank space is. Try again? Also, a wiring/hookup diagram would be useful.

Thanks for reply.
I've tried multiple times. There is no wiring diagram, it is just usb cable (usb A to usb micro), flight controller has usb-uart converter onboard, as I said before, no problems with serial connection.
Big blank space? Did you mean raw output on the screenshot? The output is wrong, all zeros. It should change while I'am rotating my flight controller in space. The problem is in the python library, to be exact, in checksum calculation.

Could anybody provide little working example in Python or C how to send MSP v2 data to the flight controller, please?

I’ve tried 1 more time, same function name doesn’t work in Python 3 (needs new implementation), only Python 2 should be used. That’s it. Sorry guys.

If your issue is with Python, this is probably the wrong forum. If the issue is with C, we'd need to see your code.