mulitple wave shields

hi!

i am making a project that needs to output two or more sounds at a time.. i have read that a wave shield can only play one audio file at a time.. what if i use multiple wave shields? Is it possible to use two or more WAVE SHIELDS to an Arduino to play two or more SOUNDS at a time? if not, what else can i do to make this possible? please help.
your answer will be very much appreciated.

Is it possible to use two or more WAVE SHIELDS to an Arduino to play two or more SOUNDS at a time?

No not straight out of the box. The way the wave shield works is that the SD card is connected to the SPI bus and the D/A is connected to some pins and accessed by bit banging. You would have to hack the libraries, and change the pins used by the D/A and SPI enable line on the other shield.
Having done that I am not sure you would be able to get a good sample rate. The wave shield can only support 22KHz sampling so that may be halved.
Best use a Due for this project as it has two built in D/As

arbee:
if not, what else can i do to make this possible?

You could use 2 Arduinos 2 wave sheilds and a mixer.
Simple FET mixer: FET Audio Mixer - Electronics-Lab.com

tnx for the replies! but what if i use mp3 shields? is it the same?

is it the same?

No, an mp3 shield does not involve the arduino doing anything much but saying play so running two of them should not be a problem providing you get the pins sorted out.