Multi slave or multi master system

I’m looking to put together a system with several arduinos where all but one has a switch, the other has a motor attached which moves based on which arduino switch is activated. Just wondering what’s the best way to go about this? Multiple masters each with a switch that tells the slave to move the motor? Or multiple slaves feeding their sensor info to the master to move a motor? From the reading ive been doing, distance seems to be a problem when it comes to this kind of thing? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

DTG92: From the reading ive been doing, distance seems to be a problem when it comes to this kind of thing?

You have not told us the distances required for your project so I cannot comment on that.

And it's not clear why everything (switches and motor) is not controlled by a single Arduino.

If you give us a good description of the project you want to create it makes it much easier to help.

...R

DTG92: I’m looking to put together a system with several arduinos where all but one has a switch, the other has a motor attached which moves based on which arduino switch is activated. Just wondering what’s the best way to go about this? Multiple masters each with a switch that tells the slave to move the motor? Or multiple slaves feeding their sensor info to the master to move a motor? From the reading ive been doing, distance seems to be a problem when it comes to this kind of thing? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

I guess distance is a problem if you don't know what that distance is. Why do you need multiple Arduinos? What kind of switch? What kind of motor? Do you have the equipment and power supplies?

Hard to give any help.

Paul

How far apart is probably the biggest unknown. If it's all inside a single container of some sort, then there are several solutions. Personally, I would lean towards I2C while others like Serial data. I have one project where I use semaphores. If the nodes are separated, how far?