Multi-tab program gives error

I keep getting the same error everytime, while the same bit of code works fine in another program. The error says: exit status 1 ‘handleButtonInput’ was not declared in this scope

I have attached Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16, in this file the error occurs. In the other file (eindopdracht_3) the error does not occur.

Could someone please help me out with this?

Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16.zip (3.41 KB)

eindopdracht_3.zip (3.22 KB)

luuk286644:
I keep getting the same error everytime, while the same bit of code works fine in another program. The error says: exit status 1 'handleButtonInput' was not declared in this scope

Complete error messages / full text contained in the status window?

As far as I know there are still a lot of "Windows XP" users around, which could not stop updating their Arduino-IDEs to more and more recent versions until they got "exit status 1" error messages with previously working code.

You don't use Windows XP, do you?

So which operating system do you use?
Which version of the Arduino IDE?

closing bracket missing in Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16.ino ?

(This might confuse the creation of function declarations)

Thanks for the fast reply, I have fixed some errors, I link the updated file. I am using windows 10 64 bit. arduino ide is 1.6.6
This is the full error message i get:

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 10), Board:"Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\luukg\Desktop\Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16\Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16.ino: In function 'void loop()':

Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16:78: error: 'handleButtonInput' was not declared in this scope

handleButtonInput(); //haal de functie void handleButtonInput() op uit de handle_inputs tab

^

Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16:79: error: 'handleUserInterfaceInput' was not declared in this scope

handleUserInterfaceInput(); //haal de functie void handleUserInterfaceInput() op uit de handle_inputs tab

^

ButtonHandling:29: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token

{

^

Handle_Inputs:33: error: expected '}' at end of input

}

^

exit status 1
'handleButtonInput' was not declared in this scope

Dit rapport zou meer informatie hebben met
"Tijdens de compilatie uitgebreide uitvoer weergeven"
ingeschakeld in Bestand > Voorkeuren.

Cpr1b_Koffie_18-1-16 (2).zip (3.42 KB)

still two braces

}
}

missing

luuk286644:

So what? You get messages about problems with matching curly brackets, but you ignore them?

At least at the end of the loop function there are two curly brackets missing. The loop() function should end with:

}
  }
}

And you better also fix problems like that:

if (last_button_state_4 != button_state_4);
      {
        BeanCounter = 0;
        last_button_state_4 = button_state_4;
        delay(100);
      }

What do you think the semicolon will do at the end of the line following the if-condition?

Yes,

if (something) ; // that's a do-nothing-statement!