Multi-turn Potentiometer Flickers

Hello to everyone. To briefly explain my problem, the multi-turn potentiometer I used to make my own steering set is flickering and I don't know how to avoid it. The potentiometer I use is 10k 3590s. I would be very happy if he shared his opinion with me. Thanks in advance.

How much flickering? One or two units, or ±10?

I usually use a combination of digital filtering and hysteresis on my potentiometers: FilteredAnalog.ino

Pieter

PieterP:
How much flickering? One or two units, or ±10?

I usually use a combination of digital filtering and hysteresis on my potentiometers: FilteredAnalog.ino

Pieter

Hello, Pieter. A potentiometer is flickering between 1-4 units. Since I use it with the Mmjoy program, I cannot do digital filtering. can I solve it with a capacitor and a different element? Which capacitor should I use if I can solve it?

taskesen51:
Since I use it with the Mmjoy program, I cannot do digital filtering.

I've never used MMJoy, since they only seem to publish EXEs and HEX files on GitHub, I'm afraid you're out of luck.
This forum can help you with Arduino code, but not with closed-source Russian EXEs that haven't been updated in the last 5 years. (And I wouldn't want to install anything like that on my system without seeing the source code first.)

taskesen51:
can I solve it with a capacitor and a different element? Which capacitor should I use if I can solve it?

Probably not. Some noise may be analog, but the LSB flickering is inherent to most ADCs and you need to take that into account in your code. There's no way to tell whether MMJoy does that, because I can't find the source code.

Use a shielded cable from pot to Arduino and a capacitor over the pot.

DrDiettrich:
Potdan Arduino'ya korumalı bir kablo ve potun üzerinde bir kapasitör kullanın.

PieterP:
I've never used MMJoy, since they only seem to publish EXEs and HEX files on GitHub, I'm afraid you're out of luck.
This forum can help you with Arduino code, but not with closed-source Russian EXEs that haven't been updated in the last 5 years. (And I wouldn't want to install anything like that on my system without seeing the source code first.)Probably not. Some noise may be analog, but the LSB flickering is inherent to most ADCs and you need to take that into account in your code. There's no way to tell whether MMJoy does that, because I can't find the source code.

[color=#202124]Thank you for your answers. [/color]

DrDiettrich:
Use a shielded cable from pot to Arduino and a capacitor over the pot.

[pre]What should be the capacitor value I will use?

[/pre]

100nF to 10µF depending on the flicker frequency.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.