multi-wire junction connectors?

OK so breadboards are handy for testing but they suck donkey balls when it comes to actual implementation, wires are always coming loose. Right now I'm using a breadboard to provide a 'shared' GRD row as well as a 5V row for everything that needs it in my project. is there a more reliable way to connect these? I can always just splice em all together and heat shrink it but then if you need to add a wire it's a pain. Just looking for a simple junction that I can use.

shralp: OK so breadboards are handy for testing but they suck donkey balls when it comes to actual implementation, wires are always coming loose. Right now I'm using a breadboard to provide a 'shared' GRD row as well as a 5V row for everything that needs it in my project. is there a more reliable way to connect these? I can always just splice em all together and heat shrink it but then if you need to add a wire it's a pain. Just looking for a simple junction that I can use.

This is an open forum so wording should be edited.

A breadboard is designed for quick circuits to prove out a concept. If your wires are falling out: shorten them, use AWG solid 24-22, use male header pin terminate wires.

|500x265

Google 'proto board images'.

Some here sell them, check into DrAzzy's offerings.

Naw, that's overkill for what I'm seeking... I'm looking for something simple and easy to use, like with household wiring you use marettes to connect multiple wires

Ya, breadboard sucks. Every time I see a project someone made on it, even really simple ones, I spend 5+ minutes waiting while the creator futzes around with it and tries to find the bad connection.

I use prototyping board (aka solderable breadboard) - works the same way as breadboard, only you solder all the wires in place instead of just pushing them into the unreliable breadboard holes. There are some major vendors with passable prototyping board, but most of the stuff on the market is disappointing in one way or another.

|500x252

I sell that sort of prototyping board (custom manufactured, with the same production process used for real PCBs) - available on my Tindie store - this came out of my frustration with the crap quality of the protoboard I was able to find. I have a lot of variations on that - small pieces of protoboard, ones sized to fit in altoid tins, ones with SMD footprints on the same PCB as normal protoboard in case you have to use SMD parts.

Edit: Dang, you guys are fast! Thanks for the namedrop Larry :-)

Naw, that's overkill for what I'm seeking... I'm looking for something simple and easy to use, like with household wiring you use marettes to connect multiple wires

I haven't seen any reliable method for that - I usually just use little pieces of prototyping board (the ones I sell that are like an inch square) for splicing groups of wires if I am not happy with a simple splice + heatshrink.

DrAzzy: I haven't seen any reliable method for that - I usually just use little pieces of prototyping board (the ones I sell that are like an inch square) for splicing groups of wires if I am not happy with a simple splice + heatshrink.

OK thanks for the reply, it's a shame they didn't make something like this...I can understand how you might want protoboard for the finished project but i would be cool if there was a semi permanent solution between soldering to a board an a crappy breadboard. I find i'm often in different phases of development on a project where this would be handy

Yeah - I think the issue is mostly that this is somewhat hard to achieve - you need either connectors, or soldered joints to make a decent connection. And in the case of connectors, what's the other end of the connector tied to? Somewhere, it's gotta be soldered to something...

If you're connecting between soldered boards, it's much easier, because you can use 0.1" pin header and dupont jumper lines. I've got a few pieces of mini protoboard with 0.1" pin header in every hole for distributing power/ground. I also have a few dupont jumper wires where I've (say) cut up 2 jumpers and spliced the resulting 4 pieces together in the middle that I've used for splitting up power/ground.

You didn't like that, try these. . . . . . https://www.google.ca/search?q=proto+board+images&rlz=1C9BKJA_enCA739CA739&hl=en-US&prmd=isvn&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&fir=D2i-PLGp7gDv_M%253A%252CZ24eome7J2I4FM%252C_%253B-0G6E9S4-aVtTM%253A%252CdH9tGTadUeJ_GM%252C_%253BosaNC2PgErVfmM%253A%252CA2iqXlx0M0LHAM%252C_%253BuDXrk6t3CQbw1M%253A%252CN4ekJGJBAaLxQM%252C_%253BjonBNNoNlc4BfM%253A%252CVagWOek9g1Uo-M%252C_%253B7qgd5LGl_5i8cM%253A%252C7DIpO6_pAqBpQM%252C_%253BZ7rLt-sVOs581M%253A%252C4UuCdxH2yeW6LM%252C_%253B-bacVD8YQcAaOM%253A%252CntqlTpyo0G92UM%252C_%253BmVt2OJwAkkjgKM%253A%252CrTPd-sKp8JdD9M%252C_%253B-tHqeVwJPgpzqM%253A%252C-lOMES2glhfM9M%252C_%253BiyN0-wfp5mkfWM%253A%252CN4ekJGJBAaLxQM%252C_%253Bk8aIBwfVtxGqBM%253A%252CkMSN0-sgwBg3LM%252C_%253B6_AmfQMRFe7acM%253A%252CJ5ksfMJB9lQ-8M%252C_%253BDtlmkM_DK9-NVM%253A%252Cvfi847BjSHv4AM%252C_&usg=__fOwEYpo2FWujtEGr0VYszWOIQ1Q%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvmvuSrrnWAhUGymMKHQv8CocQ7AkITg&biw=1024&bih=748