Multimedia remote control

hello,
To control multimedia (next/prev. song, volume up/down and etc.) there are 2 wires:
KEY (12v) and GND, to control i need resistance between KEY AND GND.
example if between KEY and GND i put 220 ohm resistor for second then multimedia switch song if 440 ohm then volume up and etc…

I have arduino leonardo (5v) i power it with simple phone charcger via usb.
Now i need idea how to control multimedia, how to make different resistance between KEY and GND wires?
I don’t care what resistance must be because multimedia have function to change it to what i want.
it is possible to make it with digital pot, like mcp41xxx? ( really i dont know much about it, just googled it :D)

sorry for my english.

Yes, that sounds plausible given you description.

But are you sure about this:

I don’t care what resistance must be because multimedia have function to change it to what i want

What range or settings does multimedia allow you to adjust?

Is there a resistance between your two wires when no button is pressed?

Can you tell us the make and model of the device you wish to control?

a7

I want control Android multimedia, really i dont know what range, multimedia have settings to record button press. about other ,tomorrow i will make some tests.

Yes, good. If you have a control device already that is usable, perhaps you can disconnect or unplug it and directly measure the resistances that the “training” process sees.

a7

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.