Multimeter- writer the data on database

I'm thinking about setting up one multimeter the goal is to record the data on the memory card or directly on the computer. and I will try to reuse the data in java program that I'm riding.

Has anyone done a similar project for studies

this project is for academic studies. to use clean energy generated by solar panel, dynamo (mechanical energy).

Why is this locked?

Seems perfectly to read the outout of RS232 equipped meter & store on an SD card using arduino, then pass along to a PC.

Sorry. you got it wrong I will explain the project objective is to develop a multimeter which has the ability to store data. these data will be managed through the software I'm developing. I do not know if the arduino can it! and if someone developed a project like this idea.

thank you

Sure, use the analog input to read a voltage from 0-5V with 10-bit resolution and store it as 2 bytes to the card.

There were severa projects over the summer where folks made meters from arduino to monitor power supply outputs, both voltage & current.

You can use Arduino's ADC capability, or use an external ADC, add a low-ohm shunt to run current thru and calculate current flow from the voltage across the shunt. If you want to measure more than 5v, then you will need voltage dividers to scale the voltage down to 5V Max. And always positive with respect to the arduino ground.

My project is academy ecological put several dynamo (generator of mechanical energy) in each of the bikes

to encourage people will have a rank classification.

the student who generate more power can receive one present the end month. multimeter Arduino is to measure and store the data for each student. after writing the data will be managed by software.

then the energy will be utilized by other equipment. Everyone wins benecifico academia: the economy and students(present). The environment thanks

thanks for the tip

So something like this?

http://pilom.com/BicycleElectronics/Dynamo.htm If it is not converted to DC already, can add a diode bridge to t rectify it, maybe add a cap to smooth it out some.

You have 6V out, so you need to divide that that down a little to keep it under 5v. Then you can put a shunt in series with the current flow http://www.dipmicro.com/store/index.php?searchStr=shunt&act=viewCat and measure the voltage across it to determine the current flow.