multiple access

Hello,

I have 11 students in my course und would like to use the web-ide. Do they have to register individually to the web-ide or is there an opportunity for me to have 11 Student-accounts, maybe named School_course_number?

Kind regards

Dieter Kriesell

Hi Dieter, thank you for using the web IDE in your classroom!

it would be best if your students make individual accounts on https://id.arduino.cc/auth/signup.

Would you prefer to give them accounts? We don't have a feature like that but if you could explain your needs we try look into that.

Please let us know if you have any other requests for the classroom environment. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I will try with them to individually log in, because this way they could work even at home without changing anything.

Dieter

00alis, As an educator, I think it would be super useful if I could designate my account as a Teacher account and have quick access to my students work somehow. At the end of every project/challenge, I want students to submit code. We've come a long way from printing out our code 4 years ago, but there has to be a better solution than students copying & pasting url links and pasting into a google drive file (as useful as that is!).

What if: Student & teacher accounts were linked somehow, the teacher could setup a class assignment, and students could have a "Submit to Teacher" button built into the editor page. Teachers would be able to see an "assignment" page with a listing of all of the names of the students with the appropriate links to the code from that project.

@MisterBianchi, yes we are working on collaboration-specific features for the classroom, I might come back to both of you when we have mockups to ask your opinion!

I am going to add the "Submit to Teacher" flow to the wishlist, it is a great idea. Thanks again!