Multiple Arduino on firmate over Ethernet

Quick Quistion.

Is it possible to retrieve data from 2 or more arduino's data with firmata over nodejs and Ethernet?

For a Project I would like to log data to a website but from different locations in the field over one server.

Have any of you had a look at this and those who know Arduino good, think it is possible.

I have been doing a great amount of research on node TCP server and have got that to work over command, but would like to see if one can get Firmata to lend a hand in this.

but would like to see if one can get Firmata to lend a hand in this.

What role do you see Firmata serving? Firmata is usually used when all that the Arduino is doing is acting as an extension to a PC, where an application on the PC is reading from, and writing to the Arduino pins.

PaulS:
all that the Arduino is doing is acting as an extension to a PC, where an application on the PC is reading from, and writing to the Arduino pins.

That is what I would like to do, have a HTTP page with turn on or off buttons, sensors on the arduino's but in separate locations reading to one page from two or more arduino's from one nodejs server.

Have you figured out how to integrate Firmata with whatever httpd daemon your server is running? If not, FORGET ABOUT FIRMATA.

but in separate locations reading to one page

You read FROM or write TO something. You NEVER read to anything.

Take a look at the Johnny-Five project. J5 is written in node.js and runs on Win, Mac, and Linux. J5 supports Arduino boards running Firmata over serial, Ethernet, and WiFi.

The following example J5 program to blink an LED on pin 8. The J5 program runs on the computer running node.js while the LED is connected to an Arduino with an Ethernet shield. They communicate using Firmata over TCP over Ethernet.

var five = require("johnny-five");
var EtherPort = require("../");
var board = new five.Board({ port: new EtherPort(3030) });

board.on("ready", function() {
  var led = new five.Led(8);
  led.blink(500);
});