Multiple arduino project

Hi everyone,

The first step of my project was to use an OPT101 and an arduino (uno or leonardo) to create a circuit that would measure light intensity, which works perfectly fine. The next phase of my project is to have 20 of these OPT101 circuits send the data to one arduino (the only one that will be connected to a computer). I must store the data, and I was thinking of writing the data to a file, but it needs to be accessible at any time without having to stop the project. How could I go about doing this? Is there a better way?

newarduinouser:
but it needs to be accessible at any time without having to stop the project. How could I go about doing this? Is there a better way?

If you mean writing it to a file on a PC, why wouldn't it be accessible to other apps? How do you want it to be accessed?

Perhaps the easiest way would be to write it to a database such as sqlite or mysql as the database will handle the multiple access. To do this you would need to write a small PC program to receive the data from the Arduino and add it to the database.

...R