Multiple Arduino Unos adnd Drivers on Windows XP

Hi,

i'm using Arduino Uno boards in my lessons. I got a problem using the driver. I installed the driver on any PC in the classroom using the same Arduino board. If a student uses another Arduino Uno (same revision but another board), the driver must be installed again. Our students have no rights to install drivers, so i get a problem.

Is there a way to solve thes problems

If a student uses another Arduino Uno (same revision but another board), the driver must be installed again. Our students have no rights to install drivers, so i get a problem.

Windows paradise.Get Linux :grin: Anyway a simple solution could be, start the windows with administrator privileges and insert your UNO board for each USB port in your computer one at a time.When asked for drivers install it and then change to the next Usb port, repect the process for all Usb ports. Now log out and test with a student account.

Hi and thank you,

i did this, but the problem is, that this only works with the arduino uno i used to install the driver. If i use another arduino, i've to reinstall. So i've to install drivers for all 36 arduino boards on each machine an each port, this are 2*36² times. So i'm looking for another solution.

Is that a domain? Give to the users permission to install

Hi,

for a quick solution i gave admin rights to my users, but there is to much risk. Is there a way to give the right to install drivers to a group. Im using a debian server with samba and ldap an windows xp-clients.

Is there a way to arrange that all connected boards share the same driver and have the same COM port.

IgnoreHWSerNum

Hi and thank you. It works.

If someone has the same problem, do this:

Save

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags]
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410043"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410034"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410032"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410042"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410010"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410044"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum2341003F"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410035"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum23410001"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum04036001"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum0403601000"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum0403601001"=hex:01
"IgnoreHWSerNum04036010"=hex:01

into the file arduino.reg an "execute" (write to registry) this file.

Than install a driver for one arduino board, and you can use any arduino board with this driver