Multiple Competition Pools Tweeting Water/Air Quality, Safety - PLEASE HELP

Greetings-- I am a head coach of a swim program that uses multiple facilities. I would like to design a device that will measure pool water temperature, pH, and chlorine level. Upon getting the emasurements to then TWEET the information to my coaching staff, so to asure them the pool is safe and ready for upcoming workouts. My first question would be, is this possible through Ardunio. If so, would it be a very complex procedure (understanding time will need to be invested), but is all the emasurements I'm seeking possible in one "simple" machine. My second question, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

I would also like to be able to measure the air quality of our indoor pools (temperature, humidity, purification). Will this need to be on a seperate device, or can it be combined. I would like for the air information to be tweeted, perferrably to the same Twitter account.

Is this diviving too soon into the "Deep End"?

Thank You In Advance...

Are you concerned about the equipment being stolen?

Are there any sensors already in place?

My second question, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Yes. Find something similar and steal as much as you can.

For example, BroHogan has graciously published very detailed descriptions of what he has done sensing the environment and moving the data wirelessly...

As well as carl47...

Is this diviving too soon into the "Deep End"?

You know yourself better than anyone else so only you can answer that question.

swimcoach:
I would like to design a device that will measure pool water temperature, pH, and chlorine level air quality of our indoor pools (temperature, humidity, purification)

The hardest part would be identifying electronic sensors capable of measuring those value and then designing a way to interface them to an Arduino.

But faced with this requirement, my main worry would be why is it necessary, and if there is a need for it then what liability would I be taking on by being responsible for the equipment that provided it?

To start with something, you can evaluate different sensors, for example looking on SparkFun you can find a PH sensor (SEN-10972) and temperature sensor (SEN-11050). I've seen some chlorine sensors around, for example http://www.bamo.eu/international/s4_cat1432.htm, try to see which type is close to the probes you already use in the pool.
Doing a quick search on Google i found a document where a project similar to yours has been discussed briefly: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ece477/Webs/S11-Grp15/hw/hw3ug.doc