Multiple Controller Payment System Project

Hi good day. This is my second post here and i am very new with Arduino. :slight_smile:

Please help me out.

I. I have machines with the following Interface Pin

Pins

1. Orange, Black:GND
  2. Black:+5VD
  3. Brown: Coin 1 Signal
  4. Gray: GND
  5. White: Coin Box Switch
  6. SkyBlue: Service Switch
  7. Blue: Coin 2 Signal
  8. Yellow:Ground

II. This interface use to control coin payment and this is the one I want to convert and control payment using software.

III. The project will consist of at least 10 machines and a distance of the machine is not more than 1 meter away with each other. The floor area of the project location is around 50SQM to 200SQM

IV. Payment System/Server is located somewhere within the floor area of the location, The software development of Project for Payment System is not in this topic. Payment System will only send command to Arduino project via LAN Ethernet or WIFI or any suggestion you may have is better fits for my project.

V. Ideas

1. Computer, +16 port switch, lan cables, arduino uno (10pcs), ethernet shield(10pcs)
  2. Computer, esp8266 (10 pcs), arduino uno(10pcs)

is this 2 option is the best? please suggest if there's other solution for me.

Thanks in advance.

is this for an arcade or something similar?

hi thanks, not an arcade, but same way to received payment, and don't want to use card system

I was just curious. this kind of project is beyond me. seems like a cool project though.
there are plenty of people here to help though, good luck

thanks and hoping someone will help :slight_smile:

i'm a software developer, but have not tried using arduino and these amps, voltages & wattages may not be easy for me...and trying to watch some basic on how to do it, and looking for adviser or hoping some will guide me with this project... thanks thanks

the only idea/opinion I have is... since you're dealing with money and multiple inputs, I would look into using a raspberry PI.

they run a lot faster than most Arduinos and since you're not really asking for any "digitalWrite"
I think it would be your best bet.

hi thanks :slight_smile: rasp pi for every machines?

I'm not clear from your Original Post as to what exactly you want to do. Is the following correct?

• There will be 10 machines with a coin receiver and an Arduino on each.
  • When a coin is inserted the Arduino will send a message to some central controller (a PC, perhaps)
  • When the correct value of coins has been inserted the controller will send back an approval message
  • When the Arduino receives the approval message it will authorise the machine to operate.
  • At some point (perhaps when some time has elapsed) the Arduino will stop the machine and the user must insert more coins

Please tell us what the machines are for.

...R

Hi Thanks,

oops sorry my english not that good. please bear with me.

yes i have 10 machines, is a laundry business. it uses coin drop or token to run.. would like to replace the coin payment system, instead a system that will send the machine a signal that there's a coin dropped so it will allow user to start it..

my idea is to send udp message via lan from my computer, then arduino/ethernet receive the message then send signal to machine coin was dropped. something like this... or any idea?

I would say use a laser and photo resistor to activate a transistor. when the coin/coins pass it will signal the Arduino to activate
a relay to turn the machine on to run cycle then when cycle is done break the holding circuit to the relay coil.

hi, there is no coin payment device, only an coin interface which has pins attached on the machine. thanks

I. I have machines with the following Interface Pin

Pins

1. Orange, Black:GND
  2. Black:+5VD
  3. Brown: Coin 1 Signal
  4. Gray: GND
  5. White: Coin Box Switch
  6. SkyBlue: Service Switch
  7. Blue: Coin 2 Signal
  8. Yellow:Ground

dekdimaya:
yes i have 10 machines, is a laundry business. it uses coin drop or token to run.. would like to replace the coin payment system, instead a system that will send the machine a signal that there's a coin dropped so it will allow user to start it..

Are you saying that you want to stop using the coin receivers and in place of them use an Arduino on each machine to give the machine the same signal that it would get if the coins had been inserted?

my idea is to send udp message via lan from my computer, then arduino/ethernet receive the message then send signal to machine coin was dropped. something like this...

I'm not clear why you are thinking of using a LAN.

There are two questions in my mind?

• What is the role of the PC / why does the PC need to send a message?
  • And, how far away from the machines is the PC?

...R

the information you have posted is limited.
all you have given us is wire colors... at least post an actual diagram.

I'm new to Arduino too, I've found that the more info you give on this forum then the more help you will get.

thanks guys!

@robin2
yes, actually there's no coin receiver at all, we can buy coin receiver then attach to it. so im thinking instead of buying make arduino+ethernet to attach for each machine.

1 computer installed somewhere between 10 to 15meters away and will act as server, then this computer will send udp data to ethernet which will have their ip address each then arduino process data convert to signal to coin interface. the computer is the payment system example they pay P100 pesos, in case in the phlippines and the token cost P25, the computer will send to lan 4 token signals. thats just example.

@landonw
will post soon :slight_smile:

dekdimaya:
1 computer installed somewhere between 10 to 15meters away and will act as server, then this computer will send udp data to ethernet which will have their ip address each then arduino process data convert to signal to coin interface. the computer is the payment system example they pay P100 pesos, in case in the phlippines and the token cost P25, the computer will send to lan 4 token signals. thats just example.

OK, things are getting much clearer.

But I still have a couple of questions

Why are you thinking of using ethernet and UDP? That seems to me to make things expensive as each Arduino will need an Ethernet shield. And it will make the programming more complex. Why not just use serial or wireless for communication. You could attach an Arduino to the PC and it could then send messages to the Arduinos on the different machines. The nRF24L01+ wireless modules are cheap, reliable and easy to use.

Why would the PC bother to send a complicated message (for example with the number of tokens) to the Arduino on the machine. Wouldn't it be sufficient just to send an ON or OFF signal?

Another separate thought is that you could perhaps wire the "coin box" system on each machine so it is on permanently and then use a single Arduino attached to your PC to operate relays that turn the power on or off for each machine. Just extend the power cables from the machines back to some place where it is convenient (and safe) to fix the relays.

...R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

hi thanks, i want to monitor the payment and properly control the machine, the machine will not operate unless it received message from the system.

dekdimaya:
hi thanks, i want to monitor the payment and properly control the machine,

I have never doubted that. But what you say in Reply #16 is not a response to the points in my Reply #15.

Indeed you have introduced another element by saying you want to monitor the payment because, in Reply #14, you said there is no coin receiver. So where do the payments enter the system?

...R

sorry, but the only idea i know how to communicate is UDP, that is why im looking for better solution or ideas, can i extend the cable of the machine? what cable i will use? because on my idea i just use lan cable and rj45

here's my scenario. customer goes to staff in the payment system/computer server pay what ever she need. and the staff just receive cash then click paid for what ever service she/he likes, then the system automatically send messages to the machines, so it records the payments and the machine will only get credits on what ever the system sends. they cannot operate the machine unless it receive signal