multiple lights

I have been doing a multiple led project and it would not work I have pulled out the wires and redid the led placement again and again and I have used many different codes but the leds still would not light up but what is weird is that when I made an led blink it worked and my on and l lights are on when I did my multiple led placement again and again. Is my arduino broken? Here is the error message that comes up when I upload the code: Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Sketch uses 1,252 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.

Global variables use 33 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,015 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM1": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

plz help

Where is the program? Circuit?

The first thing newbies need to learn is how to put their code in its own window as seen in other posts. This can be done by placing     [code] and [/code]  around the code. This makes it easier for others to read.

Weedpharma

Make sure you've selected the right serial port in the IDE - that error looks like the IDE is trying to use a serial port that the OS doesn't think exists.