Multiple mosfets and ground connections

Hi guys - I am trying to control an led strip and another appliance (an ionizer, in case anyone is curious) with my arduino. Both the led strip and appliance have different voltages.

My question is, should I connect the arduino ground wire to each of the mosfets? It seems to make sense to connect all the grounds but what if both mosfets are triggered? Each of them has a different drain so will this mess up each gate reading?

Thanks

You must connect all the grounds together or it can not work. If you think it will mess up the FETs then you fundamentally missunderstand electricity.

I assume your ionizer is not a mains one, you can't control that with a FET.

When they have different power supplies, you might use opto-couplers between the Arduino output pins and the fets. In that case all the grounds are not connected.

Yes there are different dc power supplies.. But I don't plan on using optocouplers and the grounds will be connected, although that wasn't really my question anyway - since hooking up the arduino ground to each fet will result in all grounds being connected anyway. To explain further, my question is how having different ground terminals from multiple power supplies connected to one another via the arduino would affect the gate action in each fet if all the fets are triggered at the same time. I'm guessing they would still work as intended?

my question is how having different ground terminals from multiple power supplies connected to one another via the arduino would affect the gate action in each fet if all the fets are triggered at the same time.

They would be affected in no way what so ever. As I said before if you think they could be there is a lot you don't understand about electricity.

that’s why i’m here. no need to point it out twice.

skreech:
no need to point it out twice.

So no need to ask twice if you got it the first time.