multiple shields in UNO

Hello guys.
I'm new in Arduino and everything is a bit hard yet.

My question is, can I use a LCD shield and a WIFI shield at same time in a UNO?

They use the same pins... Can I use a protoboard to share the pins or it will just conflict and crash trying that?

Below links for similar shields I have here, not exactly the same, but the same pin use.

LCD

WIFI

ty

That LCD you linked to pretty much uses every pin available on the UNO so none would be left for your WIFI module. Look into the Mega

blh64:
That LCD you linked to pretty much uses every pin available on the UNO so none would be left for your WIFI module. Look into the Mega

the same for the wifi shield here.

So I can't have 2 things in same pin?

I was hoping to load some text / image in the LCD through wifi =/

Does that solve my issue or it's just the same as a protoboard apart arduino?

ImNotGoku:
My question is, can I use a LCD shield and a WIFI shield at same time in a UNO?

The answer to your question is - yes.

You had best learn a little about these things before you rush out an buy - not much perhaps, but a little is vital, and, at the moment. i suspect you know nothing. For starters, a wi-fi shield and an LCD shield might HAVE the same pins but that does not mean that they USE the same pins, indeed it is most unlikely, and most pins on most shields are not for that shield but simply pass through to another shield. That is what shields are about.

Can I use a protoboard to share the pins or it will just conflict and crash trying that?

Incoherent . A protoboard like that might be useful to hold local sensors for display and/or wifi, but not much help for any problems with display or WiFi - real or imagined.

Nick_Pyner:
Incoherent . A protoboard like that might be useful to hold local sensors for display and/or wifi, but not much help for any problems with display or WiFi - real or imagined.

I'm not sure what you mean here... Also I agree with the statment before. I have alot to learn about this world. The main problem I'm facing is the difficult to find specifications. All my searchs return lots of stores and forum topics but no product information.

I see videos on YT, ppl doing alot of crazy stuff that I have no idea if I can't find docs.

Do you have good links to provide?

The main problem I'm facing now is to get both to work together in a Uno. If you say it's possible, I'm already happy.
ty

ImNotGoku:
WIFI

That's not a shield. It's a "NodeMCU" ESP8266 board, which is intended to be used by itself. After installing a 3rd party hardware package in the Arduino IDE, you can write sketches and upload to the NodeMCU just as you do with your Uno:

If you wanted, you could connect that board to your Uno, but you can't call it a "shield". The idea behind a shield is that it plugs right in to an Arduino board. The NodeMCU is not at all designed for that usage. There are ESP8266 shields you can buy that plug right in to your Uno. Here's one (soldering required):

My apologies. What I said is correct but I did not look at your "shield". I was going to suggest that, if you want to dabble in WiFi, you should look at a NodeMCU instead of a Uno. If you already have one, you don't actually need the Uno. I don't know if there is a shield system for the NodeMCU, but it fits on a perfboard.

Similarly, the Heltec ESP32 has WiFi and an OLED display (!)

NodeMCU, and ESP32 use the Arduino IDE, and are dirt cheap. WiFi shields for Arduino come at eye-watering prices, and I don't think anybody seriously entertains using them - hence my comment about prematurely rushing out to buy.

There are shields for the WeMos D1 Mini, which is another ESP8266 board similar to the NodeMCU.

You can buy ESP8266 shields cheaper than the SparkFun one on eBay or Aliexpress, though they are still more expensive than just buying a NodeMCU or WeMos D1 Mini. They even come with the headers pre-soldered so they're ready to use. The nice thing about the SparkFun shield is that it has a switch that lets you easily use it with a software serial port. The cheaper ESP8266 shields only have connections to pins 0 and 1, which is quite inconvenient on the Uno, where those pins are also used to communicate with the computer.