I am looking for general advices on how to start my audio synthesis project.
What I need to do is to play - let’s say - 15 sinewaves with different frequencies, under the following conditions:
- good resolution (CD audio quality or more).
- audio frequency (min. 40 / max 1500 Hz)
- summed together (single mono output)
- settable volume for every single sinewave (only once, not in real time)
- not too bulky final product
From my investigation on SSD and other digging on the web, I suppose that to generate all the sinewaves with arduino is not the way to go, so I am curious about solutions on a wide range of possibilities (keeping the DIY and the open source philosophy, of course).
The question is: how to think of it. To use external DACs and amplifiers or also external oscillators, or a totally different product? What’s tour advice on this topic?
I thank you all so much for your time, any thought you will share is very much appreciated.