Multiple transmitter to a single receiver using HC12.

Hi all,

I've setup HC12 multiple transmitter and a single receiver model and its working fine with switching channel(assigning different channels in transmitter side).

But when i used same channel for communication different transmitter data getting merged at receiver side.

But i need to set up a model such that it should receive data at any time when any transmitter sends data. Using channel switching its not possible(i think so). Is there any other method to achieve that!?

Thanks and Regards,
Chandan S

No.
Any transmitter will be received on the receiver if all transmitters are on the same channel.
There is also the risk that if 2 or more transmitters transmit at the same time , the data will be garbled or not received at all.

Incidently, is this anything to do with quizes ?

srnet:
Incidently, is this anything to do with quizes ?

No, its for transmitting sensor data.

mauried:
No.
Any transmitter will be received on the receiver if all transmitters are on the same channel.
There is also the risk that if 2 or more transmitters transmit at the same time , the data will be garbled or not received at all.

Thanks..

That is the main issue i'm facing. I'll look at other possible ways to solve it. Please suggest if there any technique to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandan S.

chandu_csg:
Please suggest if there any technique to solve this problem.

You need to poll the 'transmitters' in turn from the receiver.

i.e. have the 'receiver' send a message to each 'transmitter' in turn requesting it to send its sensor data.

srnet:
You need to poll the 'transmitters' in turn from the receiver.

i.e. have the 'receiver' send a message to each 'transmitter' in turn requesting it to send its sensor data.

Thanks!!!

I tried that,it will work. But only for few number of transmitters. If i have to use "n" transmitters (n>=100) and data must be taken at regular intervals of 1min. Then its not possible to do polling.

Thanks and regards,
Chandan S

Is it possible to receive ANY ONE transmitter data at time using same channel avoiding other transmitter/s data which is transmitted at same time!?

chandu_csg:
If i have to use "n" transmitters (n>=100) and data must be taken at regular intervals of 1min. Then its not possible to do polling.

So you have more than a 100 HC12s, all trying to transmit at least once a minute;

Might have been an idea to mention it when first describing your project.

and

How are you going to solve the problem ?

chandu_csg:
Is it possible to receive ANY ONE transmitter data at time using same channel avoiding other transmitter/s data which is transmitted at same time!?

It is, using time division multiplexing for instance, but for that you will need all transmitters to be accuratly locked in time.

srnet:
So you have more than a 100 HC12s, all trying to transmit at least once a minute;

Might have been an idea to mention it when first describing your project.

and

How are you going to solve the problem ?

I'll look at possible ways, i know its difficult.

Thanks and Regards,
Chandan S

srnet:
It is, using time division multiplexing for instance, but for that you will need all transmitters to be accuratly locked in time.

Thanks. I will look at it and will find how to do it with my application.

chandu_csg:
Thanks!!!

I tried that,it will work. But only for few number of transmitters. If i have to use "n" transmitters (n>=100) and data must be taken at regular intervals of 1min. Then its not possible to do polling.

Thanks and regards,
Chandan S

That can only be true if the transmitter units are waiting for a "poll" to gather the sensor data ans\d send it to the receiver.

Is the gathering of the sensor data and the transmission separate functions in the transmitter program? if so, you should be able to "poll" hundreds of transmitters in a minute.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
That can only be true if the transmitter units are waiting for a "poll" to gather the sensor data ans\d send it to the receiver.

Is the gathering of the sensor data and the transmission separate functions in the transmitter program? if so, you should be able to "poll" hundreds of transmitters in a minute.

Paul

Since each transmitter have their own controller and they are placed at different place, it's difficult to POLL sensor data right!?

Thanks and Regards,
Chandan S.

chandu_csg:
Since each transmitter have their own controller and they are placed at different place, it's difficult to POLL sensor data right!?

Thanks and Regards,
Chandan S.

If I was designing the system, I would have the sensor controller send a "NAK" to the first poll, and then have it gather the sensor data and wait to send it until the next "poll", and then continue to operate that way.

Paul

Would help if the OP clarified exactly what the project is.
ie what are the sensors measuring, does the sensor data have to transmitted to the central receiver as soon as its measured.
How much data and how often do the sensors measure and collect.