Multiple WS2812B Led strips, how many condenser?

Hi! I'm tryng to build an audio-reactive led instrument and I need 12 different led strips. (I'm using some WS2812B Led strips). As Adafruit says I have to put a 1000uf condenser before the strip, but in my case I should put 12 condenser (one per strip) near the strip itself or just one condenser for all the strips?
Thank you.
Stefano

It would be best to use one capacitor on each strip close to the strip.

You could use one but it might not work. It depends on how many LEDs are on each strip.

Thank you for your answer, Grumpy_Mike.
I will use about 80 leds per strip, so I think it's a good idea to use one condenser per strip.
I was not sure if placing more condenser in parallel was wrong for the circuit.
Thank you again!

StefanoMancuso:
I was not sure if placing more condenser in parallel was wrong for the circuit.

It is not "wrong" for the circuit operation by any means, but you do have to be ever-so-slightly cautious that the power supply can manage both the inrush current of a large combined capacitance and the nature of the load combining the capacitance plus the inductance of the connecting wires - which may be quite significant.

Paul__B:
It is not "wrong" for the circuit operation by any means, but you do have to be ever-so-slightly cautious that the power supply can manage both the inrush current of a large combined capacitance and the nature of the load combining the capacitance plus the inductance of the connecting wires - which may be quite significant.

Thank you Paul,
I know, so I will use a 70 ampere power supply, it should work well!

StefanoMancuso:
I know, so I will use a 70 ampere power supply, it should work well!

A fuse in each branch of the wiring would be in order then, not to protect the electronics, but to protect against the wiring catching fire.

Paul__B:
A fuse in each branch of the wiring would be in order then, not to protect the electronics, but to protect against the wiring catching fire.

Ok thank you! you mean to place a fuse instead of condensers or both? I will use the same power supply also for potentiometers, sensor and two Arduinos. Do you think that it's better to use a fuse also before these others or it's not significant?
Thank you again!
Stefano

you mean to place a fuse instead of condensers

No.
All a fuse will do is to stop long term over current, I would advise you forget it. They are too slow for protection of anything electronic.

The problem with a big capacity power supply is that it is very unforgiving of mistakes like accidental shorts, so if it worries you put a small one between your power supply and the Arduino side of things.

Grumpy_Mike:
put a small one between your power supply and the Arduino side of things.

Precisely what I advised, and for the reason I gave. :roll_eyes:

No relationship whatsoever with the use of capacitors.