Multiplex IC 5 inputs and 5 outputs custom?

Hey all I am wanting to know if there is an IC that allows me to do the following

• Have 5 inputs
  • Have 5 outputs
  • Ability to take any input # and direct it to any output #

The latter bullet there is the main goal.

So in the image example above say that I needed the following examples:

Input 1 output to output 4.
Input 3 output to Output 1.
Input 3 output to Output 3.
Input 4 output to Output 1.
Input 1 output to Output 1.
Input 2 output to Output 5.
...and so on....

What I would be hooking up to the input would be either Ground, 5V or 3.3V which would need to output the same as its input.

Note that I plan on using an Arduino so if the IC requires interaction from the Arduino in order to switch the outputs then I will have the means to do so.

I will need to be able to use all of the inputs and outputs at the same time.

Example:
Input 1 --> Output 4 (5v)
Input 2 --> Output 1 (RX)
Input 3 --> Output 5 (TX)
Input 4 --> Output 2 (3.3v)
Input 5 --> Output 3 (gnd)

I will be using a FTDI ft232r chip and the RX/TX lines will differ depending on what board is being used to program it using the FTDI

What I am looking to accomplish is taking this layout:

and connecting those pogo pins to the multiplex/whatever in order to allow for different pcb models that have different pin layouts in order to flash firmware to them using the FTDI.

Hopefully knowing that allows you to understand the overall design of what I am trying to do.

Is there any IC that would allow me to do the above?

You may not find a single chip answer - but one never knows. In the meantime you could use an 8-channel ADC for the inputs, process/route them through the Arduino, then transmit the outputs to an 8-channel DAC.

Just a thought.

There are also numerous threads, see Audio topic, dealing with MIDI panels (analog signals) and such. There may be a lead there.

Uh - where are these ESP8266 boards that have the pins used for programming in different places? All the ones I've seen that would fit into one of those pogo-pin programmer boards have the same pin layout (at least on pins used for programming)

@dougp - that idea won't work; he is planning to use those pins for serial comms, so they need to be fairly fast. He also doesn't need analog values - it's all digital.

DrAzzy:
@dougp - that idea won't work; he is planning to use those pins for serial comms, so they need to be fairly fast. He also doesn't need analog values - it's all digital.

Posting without fully reading again!

know if there is an IC that allows me to do the following........

A chip that will do that is not called a multiplexer it is called a cross point switch, or cross bar switch.
Here are some crosspoint switches

But you have been given a better soloution here.