Multiplexed 3 digit seven segment display - to arduino conversion

Hello , Ill start by admitting im no arduino guru.

Let me explain my project and ill go into the roadblocks I've encountered.

Im building a midi controller out of an amalgamation of an old organ and a cheap midi controller keyboard. I've had no trouble with the midi/serial end of things in the project but the one thing thats got me stumped is converting the display to nixie. Im using nixie modules to run the nixies. Nixies are working fine with the arduino themselves. But its converting the display information coming out of the keyboards lcd display to nixie, let me explain:

The controller keyboard brain that runs all the midi functions has a 3 digit 7 segment lcd display. The display is connected to the keyboards brain with 11 pins ( so its multiplexed ) . I've done an immense amount of research on these displays and im confident i could pull this off with a non-multiplexed display. to keep with the forum , I will reference this post : http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,8488.0.html this post explains to me how to output to this type of display. I've tried to reverse engineer the code in to convert the info coming in to info i can spit out to the nixie module.

im having some issues wrapping my head around the best way to do this .

would I define the incoming information as a digit , before my "IF" statement or would the information coming in would need to be part of an"IF" statement.

excuse the noobiness , thanks for any thoughts in advance!

Minor and incidental/ tangential point, but you are apparently referring to LED displays, not Nixies.

yes the seven segment LED multiplexed display is what im trying to replace with a nixie tube display. But its not just a simple clock function like 99% of related topics.

I want to translate the existing LCD displays information in order to run nixie tubes for the display

would I define the incoming information as a digit , before my “IF” statement
or would the information coming in would need to be part of an"IF" statement.

What “if” statement?

drquinn33: I want to translate the existing LCD displays information in order to run nixie tubes for the display

Oh.