Multistepper.cpp library download

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but here it is anyway.

For a while now I've been struggling to get multiple steppers to move and arrive at their destinations simultaneously (For a CNC project), but then I discovered to AccelStepper and MultiStepper libraries.

Downloading the AccelStepper library was easy enough -- just follow the link on their Index page and it will download a zip file of it. Multistepper, on the other hand, has no index. Their file directory only contains the MultiStepper.h file -- no .cpp to be found.

Thanks for any help!

#include <AccelStepper.h>

// Define some steppers and the pins the will use
AccelStepper stepper1; // Defaults to 4 pins on 2, 3, 4, 5
AccelStepper stepper2(4, 6, 7, 8, 9);
AccelStepper stepper3(2, 10, 11);

The .cpp may not required. Build a folder titled \Arduino\libraries\AccelStepper and copy the single .h file there. Restart the IDE.

Ray

But the actual code for the library is contained in the .cpp! The .h only declares the class!

Alright, I'll try it...

Yep, no luck. I think it’s pretty standard (if not required) to put the class declarations in a .h file, and the class’ member declarations in a .cpp

Without the .cpp, I get the following error after implementing the .h file into the library:

undefined reference to `MultiStepper::MultiStepper()'

Fuzzyzilla: But the actual code for the library is contained in the .cpp! The .h only declares the class!

Alright, I'll try it...

I did not find the .cpp but I did not exhaustively searched... It is true that .h and .cpp ard generally paired, but it is not an absolute.

Ray

I found both files... but I do not know if the version is compatible ... you will need to test.

https://github.com/toddsifleet/arduino_stepper

Ray

MultiStepper is part of AccelStepper. Just download http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/AccelStepper/AccelStepper-1.53.zip and you will have all the files.

Oh, thanks pert!

I originally downloaded AccelStepper with no idea that multistepper existed -- I guess it wasn't one of the files I kept!

Sorry for being a fool :D