Muscle Wire Robot Programming and Power Source Control Question

Hi,

New to the forum and Arduino. I'm taking a robotics class and am way over my head trying to build, power and control a 12-legged robot using muscle wires. Each wire uses 200mA, and each leg will have two wires, or 400ma for each leg. That makes a total of 4.8 amps. I know that is a ton of current, but I am hoping to have some legs powered, and some unpowered as it moves. I need an Arduino program that will control the power source feeding the wires, and an Arduino program that was created to control legs for muscle wires. I know I'm asking a lot, and that I'm in way over my head here, but any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Seems like you should have learned how to do those things in your robotics class. Have you been sick? Skipping class? Forgotten how to use Google? There's tons of information on this subject out there in the internet ether. (You'll get better help here if you demonstrate an attempt to do some research and experimentation on your own, and then ask a question about a specific problem if you run into a road block.)

First of all you need driver modules for the wire currents.