MusicShield and Fat32 for 4gb+ microSD cards?

Hi all. I'm using a Seeed Music Shield (v1.2) and the library and example files limit users to 2gb microSD cards. I'd like to use 4gb+ size cards.

The limitation should be due to the fat16 library being called, but I'm not savvy enough to reprogram the given exampels properly (I tried for quite a while but had to revert back to the defaults), and never could get the sdfatlib20131225 library from https://code.google.com/p/sdfatlib/downloads/detail?name=sdfatlib20131225.zip&can=2&q= quite going right.

Does anyone have a musicshield example that will work with this one that allows it to utilize 4gb+ size cards?

Hi all.

Let me rephrase this another way then.

Is there a universal example that would work with the Seeed Music Shield that incorporates fat32 based cards?

I have tried quite a bit to replace the fat16 references with the larger format support, but with each 'fix' I run into 10 more problems.

I'm a hobbyist coder at best, and like to get my hands dirty but this is my biggest limitation for my mp3 project (personal project, nothing associated with any classes, work etc).

I tried for quite a while

Post what you did, and describe the issues you encountered. There is no technical reason why 4GB cards can't be supported. At least none that I'm aware of.

I have tried quite a bit to replace the fat16 references with the larger format support, but with each 'fix' I run into 10 more problems.

Post your code and errors...

and like to get my hands dirty

You really should clean your keyboard... 8)

LOL. It'll be a bit before I can post again with the code. I reverted back to my working library and example code, but will try to work it up again this weekend. Basically it was hunting down and finding all the instances of the SD card access. A lot of it is ingrained into the music shield code it seems.