MUX and DEMUX

Hey there, sorry for opening a new Topic with the first post but I couldn`t find anyting that helped me out. Sp let me fix this post with a Little introduction of myself. I´m Hawi and a technician pupil from GER. Sometimes my questions maybe seem a bit dump but I´m not that far in programming yet.

So this brings me to my Problem.

I have a curcuit of sensors (192) which I MUX with a 7067 IC convert it in the Arduino (MEGA) and demux it with 5940 IC’s to 192 actors.
The main part of my Problem is that I tip my fingers wound with that and I think the Long structure of the sketch could slow it down?
weather could I set an library to the sketch nor could I write my own one. The whole library Thing is confusing me because everybody uses different keywords which is making it really hard for me to look through other sktches. is there an example how to control the ICs SIG pin(I thought of daisy chain the sensors/actor ICs) and a working library?

send help!

Hi and welcome.

Your explanation is hard to understand. Please post a schematic diagram.

Paul

The whole library Thing is confusing me

You don't need a library to do anything. A library is just code that other people have written and packaged up.

I would echo PaulRB's comments, I can't understand a thing about what you are asking. It looks like it went through a really bad translator program.

hi there.
Well, I apologize again for my bad english. I had to laugh about translated it… it was just my confused mind in that moment.

That I don´t need any libraries makes me calm down a bit, because for some reason I can´t connect the libraries I found on github or code.google to my IDE, which is confusing me way more.

Thanks again for your quick reply

I can´t upload a schematic diagram for some reason…?!

So here is what I wanna do.

?? Is that nothing then?

That I don´t need any libraries makes me calm down a bit, because for some reason I can´t connect the libraries I found on github or code.google to my IDE,

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries

Did you mean 4067, like this chip?

So you have 12 chips and you trying to select 1 of 16 channels of 1 of the 12 chips for input, and then 12 more for output?
One way would be to have 12 Enable lines, 1 to each chip, and then 4 address lines going to all chips.

Or, 4 address lines going to 1 chip to select which of the 12 were enabled.

On input side: 1 enable chip with enable and 4 address lines, controlling 12 chips with 4 more address lines.
Same on the output side in any input is allowed to be routed to any output.

Can even replace the 8 address lines with a shift register controlled with 3 lines, so input and output only need 4 lines each.
And the clock and data line can be shared between the input and output shift register, so really just 5 pins are needed:
input mux enable pin - even that is not needed, one channel can always be open, uC does not need to read it.
clock to shift registers
data to shift registers
input shift register latch
output shift register latch
output enable signal.

Hi, Yes exactly that IC I want to use.

for some reason the pic of the schematic diagram won´t upload.

This Problem seems to be solved so far. a big THANK YOU for that!!! now it´s giving me a hard time to figure out the right Pins. after i blew up an IC yesterday I´m not sure anymore where to look up the RIGHT "Translation" from Pins in the example sketches to the mega i use. the written document there wasn´t a help, cuz when I made it like that my IC mutated into a heater and nearly burned down my proto board... wasn´t as funny as it probably sounds like.

for some reason the pic of the schematic diagram won´t upload.

For posting a picture:-

Add it as an attachment. ( gif, jpg, png )
Then edit this entry (modify) and add an image to this link:
(copy link location)